Buchanan Road - Traffic Changes

Hello

The Council, in its wisdom, are planning to change the road on the end of Buchanan Rd, near to the Asda. They plan to remove the slip road that services the shops, Derbyshire's etc. Then replace it with a larger road. This road will have double yellow lines in some areas, reducing parking spaces greatly. This will be the detriment to the small shop holders and customers alike. No doubt it will benefit Asda though..

If you'd like to object several shops have details of a petition, there's one in Derbyshire's with over a thousand signatures already.

Thanks

I wouldnt object that roundabout is a disaster waiting to happen.

If you're in the correct lane, in the first place, whats the problem?

Do you really think those lanes are mapped out correctly? I can see how to negotiate around that roundabout but in my opinion it could do with being a little more clearer and wider lanes.

The road in question is not the one that hits the island..they're Deerlands and Wordworth..

Perhaps you should visit a garage and ask them to fit your car with a steering wheel if you are finding it difficult to negotiate :hihi:

The road in question is not the one that hits the island..they're Deerlands and Wordworth..

Perhaps you should visit a garage and ask them to fit your car with a steering wheel if you are finding it difficult to negotiate :hihi:

I knew there was something missing when that dude sold me this car. Bloody rip off :hihi:

At a guess, the problem is other drivers not being in the correct lane in the first place.

There are two different ways in which I can have problems while driving; me being in the wrong through my own damn silly fault, and other people being in the wrong and causing a problem around me. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, except be ready to deal with it.

At a guess, the problem is other drivers not being in the correct lane in the first place.

There are two different ways in which I can have problems while driving; me being in the wrong through my own damn silly fault, and other people being in the wrong and causing a problem around me. There's not a lot I can do about the latter, except be ready to deal with it.

The island of uncertainty has been altered, which has caused a bit more uncertainty, proving planners got it wrong in the first place, perhaps a third try is needed or should that be a fourth.

Thought this thread was about Buchanan Road, not Asda roundabout...again!!

Someone assumed (mistakenly, it seems) that the two were the same thing. It's not a road I'm familiar with in recent years.

Someone assumed (mistakenly, it seems) that the two were the same thing. It's not a road I'm familiar with in recent years.

No, its near the roundabout but doesn't connect to it

Perhaps the same planners are working on the alterations to Buchannan, thick as bricks and no thought for the shops.