Sign in to follow this  

Traffic Cops

Suprised nobody's mentioned this before - it's a fly on the wall documentry about the traffic department of South Yorkshire Police. Worth watching to find out where the speed cameras are :lol:

I watched it last week and was quite concerned that the undercover officer in an unmarked car was engaging in high speed persuits whilst talking into a hand held radio. Shouldn't he have hands free? I only ask because last week we also saw a copper giving out tickets to moterists who were using mobile phones whilst driving because it's dangerous and can cause accidents.

i *heard* (literally) the trailer to this today

I did just mention this in the Sheffield related chat but I deleted it when I saw you post!

It's a great programme. Last nights episode was really funny because they were harrasing this kid and he'd actually done nothing wrong. It was funny because the BBC interviewed him and he said the police stopped him all the time and when they catch him for something he's done wrong they take him to court and they all have identical stories. This is typical of police behaviour. They all make their stories match, so if you're guilty or not you've got no chance of a fair trial.

Anyway, yeah I agree it's very good. I like the high speed chases the best!

I like the high speed chases too. I also like looking out to see if I spot anyone I know on the programme ;)

Prize to the first person who can confirm a family member being nicked on the show.

Originally posted by "Andy"

I like the high speed chases too. I also like looking out to see if I spot anyone I know on the programme ;)

Do they show the persons faces then who have been caught? I thought that they would have to block their faces out?

Do they show the persons faces then who have been caught?

They show the ppl who get to sit in the back of the police car while they're waiting for a speeding ticket or whatever. But they just say what the person was convicted of when the crimes are a bit more serious.

It's funny how area get meshed into one. Last week, there was a chase on Kilvington road and the police officer referred to it as the Manor when it's the Woodthorpe.

They also keep calling Hyde Park, Park Hill.

I watch it for the chases, and to see the areas they go to!

Originally posted by "fronbow"

Do they show the persons faces then who have been caught?

They show the ppl who get to sit in the back of the police car while they're waiting for a speeding ticket or whatever. But they just say what the person was convicted of when the crimes are a bit more serious.

It's funny how area get meshed into one. Last week, there was a chase on Kilvington road and the police officer referred to it as the Manor when it's the Woodthorpe.

They also keep calling Hyde Park, Park Hill.

I watch it for the chases, and to see the areas they go to!

I might have to get this show recorded, when is it on again?

BBC1, Tuesday, 9.30 (after Life Of Grime which looks like it's about London this series)

HTH