Cancelled Event Megathread - please post cancellations here

Just had word that the Sharrow Festival has been cancelled due to the weather. The decision was made by Parks and Countryside. :(

Same with Cliffhanger. What a wash out of a summer weekend :(

I'd say they gave it their best attempt not to cancel. I know it's hit a few stall holders hard, but it's hardly the fault of the organisers. I don't think many planned outdoor events will be going ahead this weekend, sadly.

Apparently 10cc at the Botanical Gardens tonight is still going ahead? Unless anyone knows different...

I know it's not their fault and I really feel for the organisers who put so much into it - Council just afeared of compensation claims...

No. It's to do with looking after the parks and people. The ground is saturated. Bringing vehicles and loads of people onto already sodden sites would do massive damage to the park.

And yes, there would be serious health and safety issues for people, too.

No-one wants that, surely.

I know you're clearly disappointed, but thre's honestly no-one to blame but the weather.

Sorry to say the fun day event in Ruskin Park Walkley on Saturday 7th has just been cancelled.

Plus the top field at Mt Pleasant is prone to flooding and would get absolutely trashed! It was only relaid last year too!

The bouldering championships at Graves Park are confirmed as going ahead - in the top marquee

anyone know about stannington carnival??

Dont know about Stannington, but Ruskin Park fun day is cancelled

And the gala in Chapeltown park

And High Green fun day.

Edited by cosywolf
Adding more as I see them

Stannington carnival is also cancelled - a shame, as we were really looking forward to it!!

Spoken to one of the organisers and they are hoping to reschedule for September, lets hope it has stopped raining by then!

Does anyone know if the PARTIAL cancellation of the Cliffhanger in Graves Park means they won't be fencing the Deer Park, public toilets, park cafe, kids play area and public car park? Or will we still be expected to pay £7 to use the park's only public toilets?