July 2012- flooding in Sheffield/North Derbyshire MEGATHREAD

Not sure how true this is but apparently meadowhell to be evacuated in 2 hrs. It was on fb. But if it is true why wait 2 hours xxx

Fife street has been officially closed now. Quite a few cars broken down on Barrow Road after coming through the water.

Thanks for the update.. :)

And as for the broken down cars, I'm not surprised..

But, if they are stupid enough to risk it and drive through the deep water, well..:roll:

But if it is true why wait 2 hours xxx

To monitor the situation, and it'll be easier to evacuate after 18:00 once the rush hour traffic has begun to subside!

Lodge lane after the farm is pretty bad, water pouring from the fields and has lifted the road.

After Rails Road, there's no right turn onto Rivellin Valley Road.

Guest sibon

Rivelin Valley Road was closed when I crossed it a few minutes ago. The closure started at the Rails Road junction. I've no idea how much is closed. It looked very wet though.

ETA: Beaten to it by Greengeek

Its a bit wet out there

Ladys bridge around 1430

DSCN1039406091.jpg

Ive seen it worst however, if there is heavy rain on the hills that is going to get very bad

Graves Park Brook at the bottom of the park

DSCN1039406095.jpg

For those of you who dont know this area its around 6 foot higher than normal

AT the moment there is no water on the road way at KFC the run off from the hillside - which usualy ends up on the road is going down the drain just outside the park , however, as usual the grate in the park is solid suspect its not been done since last time. If this continues I suspect the stream will go over the top and then it will be fun on chesterfield road

Flood Warning

River Don at Livesey Street and Club Mill Road, Owlerton

16:55 on 06 Jul 2012

Ah crap, that would be near SWFC's ground as well as the college around there.

Rivelin Valley Road was closed when I crossed it a few minutes ago. The closure started at the Rails Road junction. I've no idea how much is closed. It looked very wet though.

ETA: Beaten to it by Greengeek

BMW in a puddle stuck on inbound side between the old hospital and the junction with Tofts lane (near the Farm shop)

The Beauchief hotel was fighting of the water bravely after the Sheaf broke it banks around 3:45pm. All the staff were out using buckets mops and barriers to hold off the water. Best of luck to the event there tonight!

I,m down in Surrey ( down south) so we have been very blessed that its no where near as bad as your getting it there, so just wanted to say I hope that everyone stays safe and things will get back to normal or you all very soon.