July 2012- flooding in Sheffield/North Derbyshire MEGATHREAD

I really don't get how people can look at that much water at such as Fife Street, and think they can just drive through it; even if you don't know the actual road, why would you take the risk? :loopy:

That was my thought exactly..

I, and others, took one look and thought 'sod that' and turned around..

Like you say, if you don't know the road, or even if you do.. Why risk it?

Anyone know what Penistone Rd and the traffic is like? Meant to be having visitors and stuck in the house with a 5 week old baby so can't go and check! Also,what's Hillsborough like,I'm at top side of Morrisons.

Cheers,

Em

Does anyone know what Hangingwater Road is like please?

Its starting to flood under the bridge at Chapeltown. Currently passable with care but its one way traffic as a manhole cover has lifted outside Steadfast garage. Council were there as I drove past so hopefully they can sort that out.

Above originally posted at 11.46 this morning........it's Sheffield Council......4 hours later and it's still exactly the same, but with a cone on it!!!

Sunny Burncross, not so sunny at present

Jim

Penistone road was fine about an hour ago as was Hillsborough. Big puddles on the road but not flooded.

Penistone road was fine about an hour ago as was Hillsborough. Big puddles on the road but not flooded.

Great,thanks for that :-)

Above originally posted at 11.46 this morning........it's Sheffield Council......4 hours later and it's still exactly the same, but with a cone on it!!!

Sunny Burncross, not so sunny at present

Jim

If its the force of the water, there's not alot they can do. Be patient, its just one of those things.

SY Police advice: Avoid Meadowhall/Don Valley area, only travel in Flood-warning areas if essential

Fife street has been officially closed now. Quite a few cars broken down on Barrow Road after coming through the water.

Apparently Meadowhall have just taken delivery of 5000 body bags

Perhaps they are going to turn them into rain macs :o