July 2012- flooding in Sheffield/North Derbyshire MEGATHREAD

Raining heavily at the minute. Anyone know if the river levels have fully receded from Friday?

Where are you? I live near junction 31 of the M1 near the NE Derbyshire border and we have only had a bit of misty rain this morning. The sun keep coming out from behind the clouds.

Look on EA website to see what their flood alerts are. That will give you a clue as to water levels in the area.

Flash flooding on The Wicker apparently.

Just had a call from someone I know down Eckington way who says that it's been raining really heavily all morning and places are flooding there, so if you're heading down that way, take it carefully.

When is someone going to ask the questions that should really be asked? Given the current rain is the biggest threat to the well being of our country this side of Adolf Hitler!

Why is this happening in July? Again?

Why is nothing being done about it?

Why hasn't parliament been recalled to discuss the crisis?

Why is the PM nowhere to be seen?

How many people [i estimate 100's] have already died because of this rain?

And last but not least, The Olympic Games are due to begin in TWO WEEKS. Can the country guarantee them going ahead? I fear the recriminations that the country will face from the whole world should a bit of rain destroy The Olympic Games [Remember British people being deported from Italy at gun-point in response to the disasters at Hillsborough & Heysel?]

This time next month this country will have about as much credibility as Nazi-Germany. And you will be facing almost certain physical abuse, or even death from it, if you go abroad for your holidays.

IF THIS IS NOT A CRISIS, GOD FORBID, SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS!!!

PS. Just to add the countries economy went to pot just after the last Sheffield floods. We have still to recover. GOD HELP US ALL!

Slightly damper than normal and excellent for my beans?

When is someone going to ask the questions that should really be asked? Given the current rain is the biggest threat to the well being of our country this side of Adolf Hitler!

And last but not least, The Olympic Games are due to begin in TWO WEEKS. Can the country guarantee them going ahead? I fear the recriminations that the country will face from the whole world should a bit of rain destroy The Olympic Games [Remember British people being deported from Italy at gun-point in response to the disasters at Hillsborough & Heysel?]

This time next month this country will have about as much credibility as Nazi-Germany. And you will be facing almost certain physical abuse, or even death from it, if you go abroad for your holidays.

PS. Just to add the countries economy went to pot just after the last Sheffield floods. We have still to recover. GOD HELP US ALL!

You're not prone to exaggeration then?

Are you for real ?:loopy:

Okkkk??? What would you like to have done about it? Have someone move the Gulf Stream? :huh: