Speed awareness courses

Won't normally marked speeding camera vehicles do more to raise awareness of speeding though? After all, the aim isn't to fine people, it's to raise awareness and change behaviour.

Probably but the point of the video is that hazards/problems on our roads aren’t normally or neatly labelled.

I've been offered a speed awareness course rather than points and I'm trying to find out the local venues (apparently I can go on one anywhere in the UK so shouldn't be limited to just SYP area venues) but I can't find a list of venues anywhere 😕 Anyone know if such a list exists or of the venues on the south side of Sheffield?

Beauchief Golf course has these...I went to one on a Tuesday....and they are often there on Thursdays

19 minutes ago, evildrneil said:

I've been offered a speed awareness course rather than points and I'm trying to find out the local venues (apparently I can go on one anywhere in the UK so shouldn't be limited to just SYP area venues) but I can't find a list of venues anywhere 😕 Anyone know if such a list exists or of the venues on the south side of Sheffield?

info on the letter when I did one

On 05/07/2012 at 15:41, kimmelia1971 said:

I have just been offered the option of a speed awareness course. Can anyone whom has already been on this course give me a little info on what I can expect? :help:

You will do a lot of yawning thats for starters.  Then some neck breakers. Then  some Z's  :hihi:

14 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

You will do a lot of yawning thats for starters.  Then some neck breakers. Then  some Z's  :hihi:

On the other hand, you could go with an open mind and learn something.  

That’s what the courses are for.  

I did one at Rotherham’s football ground a year or so back. Like you, I went angrily and left a different driver.  It gave me lots of moments of reflection, and I consciously keep within limits now as a result, thinking back to some of the things I heard that day.  

Like most courses it’s not about teaching you things you didn’t know: it’s about forcing you to remember things you knew but didn’t care much about. 

On 05/06/2019 at 14:08, evildrneil said:

Evildrneil, blast from the past, hope you're well dude.

I went to one near the end of the parkway, just on the other side of the M1 on way in to Rotherham. Think it was a Holiday Inn or something like that. This was just over a year ago IIRC.

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

If you get your foot down, you can get to the one in Birmingham in an hour 😯

Heh.

I think a friend of mine once drove down to Dorset (from Sheffield) for one. I believe he was caught speeding down there, and didn't have he option to take the course locally. Not sure how long ago this was.

6 hours ago, DT Ralge said:

On the other hand, you could go with an open mind and learn something.  

That’s what the courses are for.  

If you can stay awake. :roll:

On 07/06/2019 at 13:26, PRESLEY said:

If you can stay awake. :roll:

I was told the course is boring and goes on for hours and people fall asleep. I haver been on the course because I dont speed. :roll: