Speed awareness courses

I have just been offered the option of a speed awareness course. Can anyone whom has already been on this course give me a little info on what I can expect? :help:

I have just been offered the option of a speed awareness course. Can anyone whom has already been on this course give me a little info on what I can expect? :help:

If you can afford to take the 3 points it is a cheaper alternative. I was offered such a course , but it would have cost me far more than the £60, so I took the points. It is all about indirect tax.:|

If it was not about indirect taxation, but about education, the courses should be free.

Edited by Defunct

I went to the one at Catcliffe in February 2012. It was 4hrs long and to be quite honest, quite informative and interesting. I was surprised how much I learned on the course even after 40yrs of driving. I'd recommend going on the course, you'll learn and the bonus is, you don't get the points on your licence.

Some fat, sanctimonious, ex-copper preaching to you that if you do 32mph in a 30 limit, civilisation as we know it will cease to exist.

Go there, and go through the motions, at least you'll save getting 3 points on your license.

For each point on your licence, your insurance on average will rise by £50 (according to the Tutor)

So £85 works out cheaper than having the 3 points on your licence.

On my table was a "Speed Awareness Tutor" who had also been done for speeding, he had done 57mph in a 50 zone - you may end up sat next to one of the course Tutors too :)

On my table was a "Speed Awareness Tutor" who had also been done for speeding, he had done 57mph in a 50 zone - you may end up sat next to one of the course Tutors too :)

Which just goes to show what a load of cobblers it all is.

Most insurance companies don't load premiums for 3 points anymore as so many people have points.

For each point on your licence, your insurance on average will rise by £50 (according to the Tutor)

So £85 works out cheaper than having the 3 points on your licence.

The speed awareness tutors are biased . They will tell you what they are supposed to. Many insurance companies now recognise that the authorities are merely indirectly taxing drivers and so your premium does not rise after getting 3 points. Mine certainly did not.

you can expect untruths and bull.

It makes me laugh that you get some say they benefitted from the course.How can you benefit from lies?

They are not interested in driver training,just your money.

The speed awareness tutors are biased . They will tell you what they are supposed to. Many insurance companies now recognise that the authorities are merely indirectly taxing drivers

You mean, indirectly taxing drivers who break the law. Those who don't break the law are not paying anything.

You mean, indirectly taxing drivers who break the law. Those who don't break the law are not paying anything.

It must be fantastic to be absolutely perfect.:shakes:

It must be fantastic to be absolutely perfect.:shakes:

I've never met anyone who is, but if ever I do, I'll ask him. (Or her.)

In the meantime, do you have anything relevant to contribute?