Are people bothered about their carbon footprint?

Cyclone - the Department for Energy and Climate Change state on their website that by 2009, coal had dropped to around 14% of the UK energy mix. The last time it constituted a majority share was around 50 years ago. The Battle of Orgreave was lost, you know.......

But, in my opinion, the argument about cars vs power plants using more fossil fuels is largely irrelevant anyway. The very reason why electric cars are being discussed and developed is because fossil fuels are becoming unaffordably scarce, and soon enough they will run out completely. Clearly the same applies to power plants that burn such fuels, so in the medium to long term it makes no difference whether or not combustion engines are a better option than fossil fuel based energy being used to charge batteries.

Right now though, it is not an environmentally sound decision to buy an electric car.

I talked about coal, but as coal powered production has fallen gas has taken up the slack, it's still burning a hydrocarbon to produce the power.

i personally couldnt care less about my carbon footprint, i care about the cost to me and my family so if its cheap and not rediculously polluting id use it.... coal can be treated to be less harmfull.

I have a multi fuel burner and my gas bill has fallen by 75% bit of a pain on a cold winters day, setting the fire up but hey its free. and once its burning i get temps of 28 degrees .... i dont believe a word they say about global warming, its just the natural cycle of our delicate planet , i guess the deluge of rain is cos the cows keep farting.......not

I try my best by walking when I can.

i personally couldnt care less about my carbon footprint, i care about the cost to me and my family so if its cheap and not rediculously polluting id use it.

On an associated point, I've never yet had a purchaser client (and have never heard of any other solicitor's purchaser client) who liked a property on inspection/survey but refused to buy because of a low EPC rating.