Breech baby at 38 weeks

To put a long story short at 37 weeks a midwife (not my own I haven't seen her since 33 weeks) spotted that my baby may be breech and booked me in for an appointment for a presentation scan a week later. I have since had a anti natal check up at the local drop in and the baby is still breech and my scan is tomorrow. I haven't been given any information on what to expect and was wondering if any one has had a breech baby at Jessops? Or have had a presentation scan at nearly 39 weeks and knows what I have to expect. I am scared and nervous but mainly because I have not been told any thing. I am usually the laid back type that goes with the flo but when it comes to my baby I start to worry, this is my first baby.

Can't help, but if you go to a forum such as baByand bump.com there will be lots of ladies who have had similar!

Hth?

X

I got told my baby was breech at 35 weeks or so, but when I went for the scan, she wasn't. They did tell me that with her being my third baby, there was a good chance of her being born naturally, but they would still have to prepare to do a caesarian. If she had been my first, I don't think they would have liked to attempt it naturally by the sound of it. They can turn the baby, and there is time yet for it to turn itself, so try not to worry too much.

Dont think they do breech births anymore, l and my daughter had c section births because the baby was in the wrong position.

My MW thought my first was breech and at 38wks I went to Jessops for a scan, and it showed that he was the right way up. Would they offer to turn baby if it is breech? Good Luck

I had a breech baby at Jessops. I was booked in for my C Section for 39 weeks but then my waters broke at 38 weeks at which time they did an emergency C Section. Jessops were really good and the procedure went absolutely fine :) Dont worry :)

Thanks for the support :) I had the scan and Thursday and the mid wives where wrong (what a surprise :rolleyes: ) the baby is the facing the right way down.

What really amazes me is the student consultant that was in on the appointment was asked to check the babies position, he took one look at my stomach whilst laid down and guessed the position my baby was in straight away by just by looking, he then had a good feel and confirmed his guess, when they scanned me he was exactly right!

I really have had my faith in Jessops restored! The consultant gave me more information in one appointment than I have had for months :) I am so happy that things are looking normal and am just looking forward to my little one making an appearance.

a breech baby will probly turn his/her self around or the midwives will assist in doing this but dont worry yourself good luck :)

sorry didnt read your last post... glad alls ok!!