The baliffs are on form this year

I fully agree. I am a carper and use two rods but catching fish is not the be-all and end-all. Obviously the desire to catch is there and important, but it is the challenge of outwitting the fish and the buzz you get when your efforts succeed that really counts. Fishing is an excuse to go into peaceful, serene surroundings, to watch and enjoy the wildlife and relax in tranquility (having said that: why am I always knackered when I get home?). When in beautiful surroundings, surveying the water and all around me, I feel at peace and at one with the world. Just to add another point: True anglers DO NOT leave litter. If one thing gets me mad it is finding fag packets, fag ends (yes - I am a smoker), hook packets, empty tins, discarded line, etc on the bankside. A true angler should leave nothing behind but his thanks.

Sounding rather poetic rodreeluk, just one question.

Regarding your remark outwitting fish! do you consider fish as intelligent.

have you heard anything yet azzbo? i know these things move slowly but 6 months have passed now. perhaps the e.a have decided it's not an offence worth chasing up.

Hi charliewag. Think we have all been had on. No baliff just a fairy story. We fell for it hook line and sinker as they say. azzbo is a romancer and likes to tell a good tale in the pub. Look out for him in future. Commonly known as a troller or nutter:loopy::loopy:

Yer I like making stories up like this one, its just so hard to believe someone might have been caught by a baliff, I did get caught and recieved a letter asking how I wanted to plead, so pleaded guilty and am waiting to hear wot happens, so keep opinions to urself u freak

Yer I like making stories up like this one, its just so hard to believe someone might have been caught by a baliff, I did get caught and recieved a letter asking how I wanted to plead, so pleaded guilty and am waiting to hear wot happens, so keep opinioifns to urself u freak

Yes you have been found out. It does not take 6 months from getting caught to being fined . More like 12 weeks my mates brother is a baliff .. Did you try giving a wrong adress. They check on the bank in minutes by machine and learn to spell dummy:loopy::loopy:

Yes you have been found out. It does not take 6 months from getting caught to being fined . More like 12 weeks my mates brother is a baliff .. Did you try giving a wrong adress. They check on the bank in minutes by machine and learn to spell dummy:loopy::loopy:

Think you're the one with attitude, the court system might be very busy and while 3 months might be general rule there can be exceptions.

Think you're the one with attitude, the court system might be very busy and while 3 months might be general rule there can be exceptions.

NO. Anyone caught speeding -driving in a bus lane- overstaying- in a council carpark or reported by any coucil or goverment official E/Agency gets notified of any impending summons straight away. If you do not get notified within 2 weeks you would more than likely have got away with it. Charleywag asked a simple question and O.P. could not be bothered to reply now that does give me an attitude . People who cant be bothered to reply should not post on the forum. He soon woke up when i rattled his cage :hihi::hihi:

Edited by spider1

Why is it that on any forum you care mention there seems always a small tribe that suffer from a propensity to throw stones as it were at anyone they take umbrage to. For no particular reason other than to belittle or make fun of someone, or to show a superior knowledge.

Every so often it appears these types of posters if short of ammunition turn to another tactic, by way of berating someone for the smallest spelling error.

Sounding rather poetic rodreeluk, just one question.

Regarding your remark outwitting fish! do you consider fish as intelligent.

I wouldn't say intelligent but I do believe they learn from experience, much like a child sticking his hand in boiling water.

I agree fish can no way be considered intelligent, wary perhaps but to credit them with even common sense would sound a bit far fetched to me.

I agree fish can no way be considered intelligent, wary perhaps but to credit them with even common sense would sound a bit far fetched to me.
Yes, I agree. I think they have an instinctive "knowledge" of what is good or bad for them (particularly regarding food) in the same way that they instinctively know how to breed. Anything else is "learned" from experience.

Yes, I agree. I think they have an instinctive "knowledge" of what is good or bad for them (particularly regarding food) in the same way that they instinctively know how to breed. Anything else is "learned" from experience.

Certainly more intelligent than me at times. They can sense when something's not right. I've had the water "boiling" with carp taking floating pellets, yet put a banded pellet out there and it's the only one that gets ignored. They can see the line, see the hook (small though it may be), or my pellet is a little lower in the water.

Acoording to the late & very great Richard Walker, Carp are the cleverest fish, trout are the most stupid.

I fully agree. I am a carper and use two rods but catching fish is not the be-all and end-all. Obviously the desire to catch is there and important, but it is the challenge of outwitting the fish and the buzz you get when your efforts succeed that really counts. Fishing is an excuse to go into peaceful, serene surroundings, to watch and enjoy the wildlife and relax in tranquility (having said that: why am I always knackered when I get home?). When in beautiful surroundings, surveying the water and all around me, I feel at peace and at one with the world. Just to add another point: True anglers DO NOT leave litter. If one thing gets me mad it is finding fag packets, fag ends (yes - I am a smoker), hook packets, empty tins, discarded line, etc on the bankside. A true angler should leave nothing behind but his thanks.

well said rodnreeluk, thats the best summarisation of why us anglers fish, spot on