Need a gaming pc

I have a dell pc xp I want to play online games like battlefield 3 any ideas where to get a gaming pc for cheap or cheap ways to upgrade .I have very little clue on the ins and out of pc

They cost money for a good one, no way around it. If you're looking for cheap & simple you might be better off with an Xbox or PS3. XP is 11 years old, you probably can't really upgrade that PC to play modern games well, you're looking at buying a new one.

Any idea how old this PC is? I guess it's over 6 years if it's XP?

Edited by anywebsite

They cost money for a good one, no way around it. If you're looking for cheap & simple you might be better off with an Xbox or PS3. XP is 11 years old, you probably can't really upgrade that PC to play modern games well, you're looking at buying a new one.

Any idea how old this PC is? I guess it's over 6 years if it's XP?

I am not sure how old it is i have an xbox but I was interested in how pc gaming was with some of the online game they seen to have more to offer

Well, you're probably going to be spending at least £250-£300 just for a basic gaming PC, that's just the PC without a monitor, Windows or anything else. So about £500+ all in. Best off ordering online.

Edited by anywebsite

Well, you're probably going to be spending at least £250-£300 just for a basic gaming PC, that's just the PC without a monitor, Windows or anything else. So about £500+ all in. Best off ordering online.

ok thanks:)

IMO there's no point in skimping when building a gaming PC. Sure it might run the game you want it to now reasonable well but 6 months/a year down the line when the line when expansion packs or the next title in the series is released you're likely gonna find out that your spec is just below the minimum and you're gonna have to upgrade again, costing you more.

I've built one last week for a friend of mine and without monitor, it cost £650. He already had 22" Samsung HD monitor, so he didn't need it and there was no charge for building it, add labour to it, it will be £750 ish... but with the latest i7 Processor, 16GB RAM, Liquid Cooling system, Cooler Master HAF X gamer case, etc,... you get the idea... :)

Great if you have that sort of cash but certainly not needed. You don't need to play everything at full detail for it to be good.

£200-£300 quid second hand will get you a pretty good PC and graphics cards are no where near as expensive as they used to be for a decent one.

Someone on here was flogging a quad core processor / motherboard / RAM / heatsink combo for £100 odd quid. You can use your old case, DVD drive and even hard drive (if it's big enough) but you will need a new power supply. Then spend £100 on a video card.

Obviously spending more is good if you have it, but you don't need top of the range to play good games.

Great if you have that sort of cash but certainly not needed. You don't need to play everything at full detail for it to be good.

£200-£300 quid second hand will get you a pretty good PC and graphics cards are no where near as expensive as they used to be for a decent one.

Someone on here was flogging a quad core processor / motherboard / RAM / heatsink combo for £100 odd quid. You can use your old case, DVD drive and even hard drive (if it's big enough) but you will need a new power supply. Then spend £100 on a video card.

Obviously spending more is good if you have it, but you don't need top of the range to play good games.

Yep,that's me! Now chucking in a 8800gtx for the full asking price!!

I think it's a good deal.what do you guys think?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1016429

I will try to help with any other bits needed-cables,fans etc....

Edited by corsaman132

As Hannibal says " I love it when a plan comes together!"

Anybody else..............:hihi:

You can save money by going down the AMD route vs. Intel Core i7. Even saving money by opting for Core i5 you won't loose out much on performance, still good enough for most games. Something to consider if you're going for a new build :)

Mine stood me to £220 quid bar the case. I already had one but its not good looking. It plays most things on full whack or 2nd to top settings

Athlon II x2 250 and Stock Cooler

Nvidia GeForce GT430

Biostar N563sB MOBO

Alpine 500w PSU

2gb Bog Standard Ram

It works much the same as cars. You got a 2.0 litre 16v that does the job ok, but people love to spend loads of money on a couple of extra BHP, or even worse, 0 extra BHP but purely cosmetic.