£200+vat sounds very expensive to me.

If you're still looking, I can probably save you a few pounds.

Packages from £1.99 per month (inc tax) with no contracts.

Fully featured control panel as standard along with the ability to manage your hosting from your iPhone or Android device.

Check out all the details here:

http://smokeyplanet.co.uk/

Haha, it's a mate of mines company some can make it as unlimited as it needs to be!

Well even if it's his own server it will have physical limitations, so its still never truly unlimited.

For a start up business any website hosting will do as it will pay to swap a few times to find a host that best suits your needs. Most hosting packages support the main types of website use.

The time to look at other options is when you run out of bandwidth, recurring access problems, or the control panel is either too complicated or simple.

Internet magazines usually have a feature of hosting providers near the back page showing a clear list of features and prices.

And there is no such thing as unlimited....check the small print in T&C ;)

Mine is unlimited too and I have read the small print ;)

By unlimited and small print, I don't mean they change their mind and that it isnt unlimited after all, but you will find performance affected if unlimited was really put into place and tested, and this is what they generally put in their T&C, therefore you dont then get the full performance of the server. Whatever your terms say, a server has limitations full stop, or to put it more simply, an unlimited server does not even exist.... ;)

Hey,

For Rascals HQ, I use Smug Hosting, costs me £4 a month.

By unlimited and small print, I don't mean they change their mind and that it isnt unlimited after all, but you will find performance affected if unlimited was really put into place and tested, and this is what they generally put in their T&C, therefore you dont then get the full performance of the server. Whatever your terms say, a server has limitations full stop, or to put it more simply, an unlimited server does not even exist.... ;)

True but when it is a cloud based system it is spread across many different platforms. I don't mind if you don't want to believe what I'm saying, I know what I pay and how many sites are hosted and therefore am confident in my service ;)

avoid 123reg like the plague, unless you want a slow server.

The web hosting is great from a functionality and usability point of view but the servers performance lets it down.

GoDaddy is not much better IMO, their usability lets them down although they do have good support. I have read of others complaining about slow servers from them.

The only service im happy with is PAYH which have some fairly archaic support lines and this lets them down with quite severe downtime and slow problem resolve times. Otherwise they are fast.

I would expect to pay between £100 and £200 for a full multi site, high bandwidth, high performance server for hosting.

One of the best web hosting packages I can recommend is Heart Internet. Fantastic speed and they're fairly local.

It depends on the traffic levels going to your website, if you are expecting it to be a high traffic site then it is worth investing abit extra for hosting if not then it should be cheaper.

£200 does seem expensive for hosting unless you are running a particularly extensive website. Even if you're getting email hosting and domain registration included.