Cliffehanger & Basecamp Festival at Graves Park this weekend - CANCELLED

Does anyone know if this event is still taking place with all the wet weather? The Highland Fling a few weeks ago there was cancelled and we have had lots more rain since and more on the way forecast.

They've started building the site so I'm assuming it's still on!

There was a Circus type big top been erected today, but nothing else.

Wonder how many people will be camping as advertised?

i know that they are charging you to get in even if you want to use the playground

bets its like a see of mud as well

I'm told it's £7 to get in plus car park charges.

I walked through the area today and it's a swamp. Friday & Saturday weather predicts 2 inches of rain. The Highland Fling was cancelled because vehicles couldn't drive on the mud. I suspect this is going the same way.

Seems sensible to cancel it given the amount of rain we've had.

One only has to look at the deep tyre tracks and ruined grass around where the main tent has been errected to imagine what would happen if dozens of vehicles and thousands of pedestrians were allowed onto this bit of swamp.

I doubt the park would ever recover. It remains to be seen if they waste thousands of pounds of our money errecting barriers around the whole area one day, so that they can take them all down again once the event is called off.

I'm just looking at the weather forcast on BBC Sheffield.

Today

Patchy mist or fog clearing from all but perhaps some coastal areas to allow sunny intervals. However, showers will develop, with some becoming heavy and thundery, especially in the afternoon, and perhaps also quite prolonged.

Tonight

Heavy showers will die out but it will remain cloudy for the most part and some occasional mostly light rain or drizzle is likely.

Friday

A cloudy morning with rain for a time, some of which could be heavy before it becomes drier and brighter in the afternoon. Brisk easterly wind developing. Cooler

Outlook for Saturday to Monday

Unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain, some heavy and thundery. Prolonged heavy rain for a time Saturday and Sunday brings a risk of localised flooding once again.

I'm not sure there is much there that would make me want to park my car in a field and risk other cars sliding into it as they try to get them back out.

I hope it is still on - last year was amazing!

I hope it is still on - last year was amazing!

probably giving all attendees a dingy so they can see the attractions and

putting campers in tree houses,they cannot cancel due to the cost i should

imagine i have been told theres no showers for the campers so at least

thats problem solved,hope the areas not damaged for the sake of a few

quid it takes years to repair thanks bassett one:)

probably giving all attendees a dingy so they can see the attractions and

putting campers in tree houses,they cannot cancel due to the cost i should

imagine i have been told theres no showers for the campers so at least

thats problem solved,hope the areas not damaged for the sake of a few

quid it takes years to repair thanks bassett one:)

The Highland Fling was cancelled because the land was waterlogged. It was deemed unsafe to allow the public to trammple it in large numbers as it would have become a swamp and caused massive damage to an area used by regular park users for the rest of the year.

Having been in the area in the last couple of days I think it is more waterloggd now than when the Fling was cancelled. With another 35/40 mm of rain forcast over the next 2 days it isn't going to get any better.

In addition I think it is a scandal that the kids play area and cafe will be fenced off in the area where folks have to pay £7 to enter. These facilities were paid for so they could be used by regular park goers who take their kids up there every day. Why should regular park goers not be allowed to use the park cafe?. It belongs to them. Graves gave it to the people of Sheffield.

It was amazing last year, held at millhouses the sun was brilliant didnt realise I had stayed so long everyone looked like burnt turkeys, thought about offering my sunscreen but thought no should have had more sense, even I got caught with a red line round my waist-dont think there is any danger of that this ear though!