New Darbaar Restaurant - Hillsborough

I had to try darbaar with reading all the comments that have been posted on here and I have to say it was the best iv ever had my parnter had the same n he thought it was aswell so much flavour and spice and the barjis were to die for I would deffinatly reccomend this place

I had a takeaway from here last night,and to be honest the £20:56 i paid was a little extreme for what we got,especially when you compare this meal with the ones we had over the last 2 weeks from Cafe Marsala,and Garam Marsala,just opposite each other on Walkley.

The prawn puree was OK, prawns were good, but sauce a little too dry for me.Onion Bhajis were again nothing out of the ordinary.

My wife had chicken makhani which to be honest looked like thickened potato soup(nothing like others she has had)and it was really sweet.

On to my chicken madras,well it looked really red in colour again not looking like previous curries i had,had.Chicken was fine.

Pilau rice was really good and Nan again similar to other curry houses.

I usually have left over for next day but on this occasion both me and my wife ate it all.

Overall it was ok but in my opinion i have had better.Service was fine and on time for my collection.

Again its all down to personal taste,but for me a little dissapointing.

Edited by nobbalovski
not finished.

We have been twice and no complaints with the food but the waiters appear a bit unorganised. One especially we asked for some glasses and he looked at us and then walked off and same with the bill asked the same waiter and he walked off in other direction. They dont seem to communicate with eachother which does help when you work together.

Edited by Owls6

Tried it last night very nice place but found

The food rather bland and not much of it and also dishes quite dry

Not much sauce although taste of india on bradfield rd isnt such a nice place the food is far tastier. We had previously spoken to a few friends who wouldnt recommend it but went to sample for ourselves... Kind of wished we hadnt but its very nice inside

Went tonight and have nothing but praise for it. The food was lovely, the atmosphere great and the owner, manager and staff very friendly and welcoming. We will certainly go back again and again and again:):)

Edited by Rivelin6

I saw a few things on the menu last night that I'd never seen before. I had a paneer tikka starter then went for the curry of the day which was chicken on the bone in a thick sauce. We were also given a complimentary side dish of vegetable shatkora which was lovely. The flavour reminded me of Moroccan dishes with preserved lemon.

The people at the next table had Lamb Tawa, which looked fantastic, and a couple of tandoori dishes. They said they were the best "Indian" meals they'd had for ages.

I couldn't help looking around to see what other people had, there is so much I'd like to try.

Had a look upstairs after the meal and it would make a great function room for Christmas parties and the like.

Another bonus is that is is BYO and their is no corkage, we had lassi though, which was fab.

Everyone was really friendly and attentive as well. I hope it does well, it deserves to.

This place has been shut for over a week now. Says due to burst pipe on the window.Would have thought it would have re opened by now though.

I also noticed the sign and I don't think it was doing very well so probably has closed down

It could depend on the damage as well. May not be able to pay for stuff until insurance pays out? I've been a couple of times and the food was nice, staff were friendly. Hope it hasn't shut. Best curry restaurant in Hillsborough (in my view)

This place has been shut for over a week now. Says due to burst pipe on the window.Would have thought it would have re opened by now though.

If you check their website it says that they are "hardly" trying to reopen as soon as possible. I'm sure it's just a typo but it may explain the delay

I don't think its a water main. I saw a locksmith with someone from meter plus and a bailiff breaking into the premises

They had come to remove the gas or electric meter because of un paid bills under a court warrant

I know the drill as I've been on the receiving end.

The only thing you can do to stop it is pay up in cleared funds there and then.

I agree with Alison (nice avatar by the way) Very good food and we used it often. Shame it's gone

Edited by Lucozade

i saw the same as lucozade. it had been closed for a while previously so it could be a misunderstanding