Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

I think of Mother Nature as being an organic, self regulating, balancing, force.

When things go out of kilter Mother Nature acts to rectify it.

You've done what Lucy did, expressed the suggestion that 'she' is sentient. Why do you think this?

Like a soul force...

An everything kind of force :)

Jeez, my head is hurting now trying to find ways to explain it..

good with my hands but thick with my brain :D

I'm not saying you're thick, I'm interested.

How do you believe something when you're not sure what that something is?

You keep suggesting that it is a sentient being, I'm interested in why you think this.

I'm not saying you're thick, I'm interested.

How do you believe something when you're not sure what that something is?

You keep suggesting that it is a sentient being, I'm interested in why you think this.

I believe it because i do, my head tells me it is the right thing for me to believe in..

I guess the word sentient being is wrong...more like a whisp of smoke over the stars kinda thing

I believe it because i do, my head tells me it is the right thing for me to believe in..[/Quote]

As far as I'm concerned that's fair enough.

I guess the word sentient being is wrong...more like a whisp of smoke over the stars kinda thing

It was just the suggestion that 'she' has the ability to step in and interact, I want to know what the 'she' is, and why you think 'she' is.

As far as I'm concerned that's fair enough.

It was just the suggestion that 'she' has the ability to step in and interact, I want to know what the 'she' is, and why you think 'she' is.

I don't know why 'she' is...she just is...

I think 'she' has the ability because i do not believe that we are a random clash of planets or whatever...i think we have purpose, everything single one of us...i don't know why i believe that, it just feels right for me :)

I believe it because i do, my head tells me it is the right thing for me to believe in..

There are some good newish medications that will help with the voices in your head.

I believe it because i do

Circular reasoning is not valid. You don't have a reason for believing it.

There are some good newish medications that will help with the voices in your head.

Very funny :rolleyes::P

You've done what Lucy did, expressed the suggestion that 'she' is sentient. Why do you think this?

Mmmm, Organic, but not necessarily sentient. Reactive maybe - is that sentient?

Not enough food? People die until the population is in line with the amount of food available.

Bush fires in Australia? Rotton for people, but regenerates the land and certain types of creature survive and thrive.

Nile floods? It fertilizes the land and makes it more productive.

People tend to get in the way of Mother Nature just doing her thing, and then call it a disaster. Look at the bigger picture and its nothing of the kind. She will quite happily wipe mankind out, if it balances something else that helps the Earth to thrive.

Circular reasoning is not valid. You don't have a reason for believing it.

Aint this thread about The end of the world not the What lucyjacksons believes in thread :D

Mmmm, Organic, but not necessarily sentient. Reactive maybe - is that sentient?

Not enough food? People die until the population is in line with the amount of food available.

Bush fires in Australia? Rotton for people, but regenerates the land and certain types of creature survive and thrive.

Nile floods? It fertilizes the land and makes it more productive.

People tend to get in the way of Mother Nature just doing her thing, and then call it a disaster. Look at the bigger picture and its nothing of the kind. She will quite happily wipe mankind out, if it balances something else that helps the Earth to thrive.

I would say that is self regulating yes. You threw me off by saying 'Mother Nature acts to rectify it' and in this post 'reactive'. I would equate both those terms with a sentient 'force', but what you are describing is 'self regulating'.

You might enjoy this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Simplicity-Chaos-Complexity-Emergence/dp/0713996102, it explains the science behind what you're describing.

Actually Anna just re read your post and caught this

She will quite happily wipe mankind out[/Quote] which threw me off track again.

How can 'she' happily do anything if she is not sentient?