Mayan end of world 2012 MEGATHREAD

True,what i have read is on the 21st of december, is the end of a solar cycle eg predicted by the mayans. The cycle ends with all the planets in alignment, thus exposing us directly in line with the sun and some magnetic wave.At the moment we are protected from the full force by other planets.Depending on the angle of the earth on its axis, at the time, will determine that IF a huge solar flare is blasted towards earth then..........?

No, just no. The stupid in this post is staggering.

Im only repeating what a Scientist and an Astrologist wrote.Second hand info.But then being a Borg and living in space,you would know better.

There is no science in astrology.

jb

I hope that any Mayans who are owed money in 2012 won't dare to demand it next year (given that they believe the End of the World to be imminent). The only such end was the News of the World- maybe that's what confused them?

The Mayans say no such thing.

jb

Has it ended yet ?

Did I miss it ?

;)

i think it ended sunday night, and i'm just a heiroglyphic now... or do i mean holographic ? ..any way, till we all make a fuss and the scientists dont change their mind, we'll have to hope its all a dream and maybe we'll wake up as bobby ewing emerges from the shower one day ... !

Apart from fleeing into space, how do you survive the end of the world?

I thought we'd already survived the end of the world.

What normally happens is that some threat or other comes along destroy the world as we know it, shortly followed by some hero who's got out of bed to save it.

I'm sure I heard that Gordon Brown had saved the world.

So we're all survivors right.

The world as we know it can end, and the world as lots of other people know it can stay exactly the same. Simultaneously.

now this scares me......who believes it will be the end?

If the world doesn't end, we have nothing to worry about. If the world does end, we... have nothing to worry about.:)

Edited by HappyHoosier

I the world doesn't end, we have nothing to worry about. If the world does end, we... have nothing to worry about.:)

If the world does end all our worries will quickly dissipate. If the world does not end we will be able to carry on worrying about when it will end...and lots of other stuff too!:(

Sorry to burst the doomsday bubble but:

there has been 514 leap years since leap years were created in 45BC. The Mayan calendar does not factor in leap years as it was created approx 2 thousand years before. without that extra day every 4 years we would be half way through 2013 by now so technically we should all be dead by now.

Sorry to burst the doomsday bubble but:

there has been 514 leap years since leap years were created in 45BC. The Mayan calendar does not factor in leap years as it was created approx 2 thousand years before. without that extra day every 4 years we would be half way through 2013 by now so technically we should all be dead by now.

That's pretty irrelevant as the Mayans didn't use our calender, especially when you consider we didn't even have a standardised year length for much of that period.

jb