Evil dog breeders

Hi everyone

My mum and dad are quite elderly and they decided they would like a pet Chihuahua dog to keep them company, we seen a puppy from a small time hobby breeder advertised on a pets classified site. I took my Mum and dad to see the puppy and the breeder was very nice saying she only has 1 or 2 litters a year to help pay with the upbringing of her 2 dogs. The breeder had 2 puppies left both stunning girls, my mum and dad decided to take both puppies. The breeder said if you have any problems give me a ring as I am a caring breeder and love to offer life time support and we handed over £1400

7months later one of the puppies died suddenly, after taking her to the vets they said she died “due to an enlarged heart”, I thought I best get the other puppy checked at the vets just in case and to my horror the dog suffered from the same condition. I phoned the breeder to talk about the condition and she was very rude and hung the phone up, next day her phone number was dead. So we decided to drive back to her house in Pontefract and tell her about these sick puppies she sold. We knocked at her door and all we could hear were dogs barking (must have been at least 5 dogs) after a few hoursthe breeder turned up and once more told us to ****off and slammed the door on our faces. Just 5 weeks later the other puppy died in her sleep :mad:

Since then I found out that she has over 20 puppies for sale on the same website in the past 30 days (so much for a small hobby breeder) and has sold 18 more puppies since we purchased the 2 Chihuahua puppies from her around 8 months ago. My mum and dad have been devastated ever since and I don’t want anyone to suffer like they have and for this breeder to stop selling sick puppies.

Who should I report her too ? or has anyone had experience regarding bad breeders as we don't really know what to do.

Thanks in advance

Kelly

Who should I report her too ? or has anyone had experience regarding bad breeders as we don't really know what to do.

Thanks in advance

Kelly

That is heartbreaking :( I'm not sure what you can do. It is not illegal to breed dogs. There might be some laws on use of property for breeding and the tax man might be interested if they are not declaring the income. If they are KC registered I guess you could inform them of the defects? but I'm not sure how that side of things work.

I hope someone will be along soon to give you some good advice.

That is heartbreaking :( I'm not sure what you can do. It is not illegal to breed dogs. There might be some laws on use of property for breeding and the tax man might be interested if they are not declaring the income. If they are KC registered I guess you could inform them of the defects? but I'm not sure how that side of things work.

I hope someone will be along soon to give you some good advice.

HI thank you for the quick reply :)

I reported her to KC Club but they don't have her as the breeder or owner, or at that address. They said its a very common trick for breeders to register the dogs elsewhere ( friends or families houses) so they don't have to register with the council for breading dogs, as they are only allowed 2 litters a year. They classed the puppy sale as third party saying the original breeders sold the puppies to someone and they then sold them to us, so no come backs for the breeders, so more depict and lies from the breeder.

My husband rang her to quiz her and she said all her dogs are KC registered and she has the puppies mum and dad to view ( we seen them there on viewing and she said she owned the mum and dad).

Seems these breeders are one step ahead of the game.

Firstly, so sorry for your loss, what a terrible thing to have to endure.

I am not sure, but would trading standards get involved with something like this? As i know it is a living, breathing animal, but 'not fit for purpose', as when purchasing, none of these ailments were discussed with you. on that note, i presume the pups were vet/health checked by your own vet for vaccines/chipping/flea/worm treatments, was the heart thing not picked up on then?

Firstly, so sorry for your loss, what a terrible thing to have to endure.

I am not sure, but would trading standards get involved with something like this? As i know it is a living, breathing animal, but 'not fit for purpose', as when purchasing, none of these ailments were discussed with you. on that note, i presume the pups were vet/health checked by your own vet for vaccines/chipping/flea/worm treatments, was the heart thing not picked up on then?

Our vet checked the puppies over and said they were healthy at 10 weeks and they had all right vaccines Etc. We had a word with the vet and they said these things can happen, usually as a puppy gets older its easier to detect. However when the second puppy was found out she had same problem the vet said it will be genetic and passed down from puppies mum or dad and in their breeding line.

My husband even asked is there any health issues with your puppies or heart jaw problems etc and she said no, knowing there was :rant:

Mum and dad are very distressed saying I hope they passed away peacefully and still very raw about the whole thing.

Wow that is sick, especially if she knows about the conditions.

To breed animals when you know their going to have a heart problem is pretty mindless/wreckless and they are creating lives to just die months later.

Even breeding animals for pure profit (she obviously doesn't care for these puppies) is completely beyond my understanding but then again, money fuels alot of evil.

Breeders USUALLY breed animals, because they love animals and they are USUALLY thoroughly devoted to only producing healthy animals. Which is completely acceptable but personally I'd still rescue the many homeless.

Firstly if shes breeding that many puppies, she needs a licence. Plus its actually under legislation of the licence to only have one litter per bitch per year...so shes breaking a law either way

A dog breeding licence is required if either of the following applies:

four or more other litters of puppies are born to bitches during any 12 month period. Litters will count towards the total of four or more other litters, where they are born to bitches which are either:

kept at any premises during the 12 month period

kept by any relative at the breeding establishment

kept elsewhere

kept by any person under a breeding arrangement

and at least one puppy from each litter is sold during the 12 month period

Any other case where it is deemed that a business of breeding dogs for sale is being carried on from a premises

Seen as your saying there's a total of 28 puppies since 7 months ago and theres still 5 months left...doing the maths is scary :shocked:

I'd be shocked if RSPCA wouldn't be able to do anything :o I'm sure it will be in some legislation that breeding puppies to die is wrong no matter how many or how small your breeding business is.

Also it seems a little harsh to say but trading standards might be an option as another poster said.

My sincere condolences to your parents, I really do hope they passed peacefully

People like this make me sick! Never go to a breeder that has not at least health checked both of the parents and has certificates for you to see! If possible KC registration is a good idea as well! We looked for aaaages for our Labrador puppy as there were so many advertised, but when we got there the breeder did not have any paperwork for the animals!

We eventually settled on our KC registered little ball of destruction! It cost us more, but it is worth the peace of mind that she is healthy!

I am so sorry for your loss! =( it must be devastating and this woman deserves everything bad she gets! I hope something is done to stop her soon!

Thanks for the replies so far :)

I have done so much digging on this breeder and it gets worse and worse, I have been looking for another dog and rang for 3 different puppies this morning and guess what ?... its her again with 6 different phone numbers ( 3 land and 3 mobiles) :rant: Why would you have so many numbers, must have something to hide ?.... I now feel like Mrs doubtfire changing my voice on each phone call.

Anyone thats interested Google "Chihuahuas for sale Pontefract West Yorkshire" she has 31 puppies for sale :rant::rant::rant: all the same distance away and has at least one photo the same on all the adverts !

Edited by DRNUTS

I'm so sorry to hear that these poor babies never got to survive to adulthood purely because of a breeder's greed and lack of health checks.

Cardiomyopathy is a serious issue for all sorts of small breeds, particularly those who aren't health checked or who are inbred. Parent dogs who show any signs of having heart problems, of who produce puppies which have any heart problems, should be neutered in order that they can never be bred from again.

If you're looking for puppies again DRNUTS, can I suggest that you use only the list of registered breeders from the Kennel Club and that you are prepared to travel to a decent breeder who does health check their dogs and is prepared to show documentation to this effect? They may charge slightly more for the dogs, but the heartache is just not worth saving the money.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

I have done so much digging on this breeder and it gets worse and worse, I have been looking for another dog and rang for 3 different puppies this morning and guess what ?... its her again with 6 different phone numbers ( 3 land and 3 mobiles) :rant: Why would you have so many numbers, must have something to hide ?.... I now feel like Mrs doubtfire changing my voice on each phone call.

Anyone thats interested Google "Chihuahuas for sale Pontefract West Yorkshire" she has 31 puppies for sale :rant::rant::rant: all the same distance away and has at least one photo the same on all the adverts !

This is actionable info for the RSPCA to use....please inform them asap as this evil woman needs to be stopped!!

Ps. my condolences to your parents. x

I'm so sorry to hear that these poor babies never got to survive to adulthood purely because of a breeder's greed and lack of health checks.

Cardiomyopathy is a serious issue for all sorts of small breeds, particularly those who aren't health checked or who are inbred. Parent dogs who show any signs of having heart problems, of who produce puppies which have any heart problems, should be neutered in order that they can never be bred from again.

If you're looking for puppies again DRNUTS, can I suggest that you use only the list of registered breeders from the Kennel Club and that you are prepared to travel to a decent breeder who does health check their dogs and is prepared to show documentation to this effect? They may charge slightly more for the dogs, but the heartache is just not worth saving the money.

Sadly she is a KC registered breeder but not for Long coat Chihuahua dogs ( she evens says she is on her advert, so more lies ), We have had many dogs before and they have been just fine and lived long and healthy lives.

Thanks (to all) for the support nice to know there are animal lovers out there.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I dont have time to read through _ you can report her to the tax man, I bet she doesn't declare them as additional income. A visit from them should put her right off! Try to get screen grabs of her adverts and sending them along with your complaint. That way you have proof that she is breeding a heel of a lot more than she says she is. Very sorry for your loss, you must all be very upset :(