Warning: Sheffieders now require ID to enter certain parts of Barnsley.

Stop press!

Barnsley residents are angry over Sheffielders stealing resources (empty bin space).

A protest song has emerged warning the pesky Sheffielders to keep their muck out of Barnsley.

Stop press!

Barnsley residents are angry over Sheffielders stealing resources (empty bin space).

A protest song has emerged warning the pesky Sheffielders to keep their muck out of Barnsley.

That's incredibly catchy.

Get him on Britain's Got Talent!!

(On second thoughts, it does sound a bit like the theme tune to Camberwick Green!)

So what happens if a Sheffielder gets run o'er in Barnsley? Is it a matter of showing your id then getting told to s*d off to another hospital?

And you are allowed to leave packaging at supermarket for their disposal...

The one on Buttermilk Lane in Bolsover might be nearer for you than Chesterfield...

According to google maps it's just under a half a mile closer on a 16 mile round journey. Thanks, but I'll keep nipping into Sheffield and continue to hope that it doesn't implement a scheme like Barnsley's.

Residents of South Yorkshire now require ID to enter certain parts of Barnsley, as certain council funded services are only available to local residents.

Do not expect to travel freely around the SSRSY in order to use council services.

Do not expect Barnsley to pick up the tab for Sheffield.

Sheffielders have been migrating to Barnsley tip in order to dispose of waste legally. Barnsley has had to implement measures to stop this.

Sheffielders are no longer welcome. To enter Barnsley tip you now require ID to prove you are a local resident.

http://www.wearebarnsley.com/news-archive/id-demand-for-barnsley-tips/

Perhaps Barnsley should build a wall to keep the Sheffielders out?

I see pen pushing jobsworths arnt just exclusive to Sheffield council then , we have our very own here in Barnsley.

I rarely use my local tip down here at Springvale in Penistone . I always use the one at Deepcar ,as ,lets just say ,the lads who work there are not as eager to rummage through the rubbish you are dumping as the staff in Penistone are, which is a bonus as i dont want the dump workers looking through what im dumping.

Edited by Penistone999

But dont forget to take off anything with your name and address on it :thumbsup:

Thats vital .... :thumbsup:

I'm sure plenty of you already do. :hihi:

There was a story on Radio Sheffield this morning stating that Barnsley tips have seen an increase in waste due to residents from Sheffield taking their rubbish there.

Obviously if people in High Green, Chapeltown, Stocksbridge etc can't dump at their local site it makes sense to take their rubbish to Worsborough or Penistone, rather than start fly tipping.

The problem is, there is a cost to Barnsley for disposal of the rubbish, so now they intend banning people from Sheffield dumping their waste in Barnsley, so they're going to start checking ID at sites.

I'm sure plenty of people in the North of Sheffield do spend money in Barnsley (I bought a mobile phone there last week and regularly eat at Cubley Hall).....If our rubbish isn't good enough for them, then I suggest people in Sheffield think twice before spending any money in Barnsley.

A possible alternative solution is this - Whilst the Sheffield sites are out of action the Council/Veolia must be saving money on wages etc......Why not use some of that money to make a contribution to Barnsley, North Derbyshire etc., where they've seen an increase in tipping due to Sheffield residents?

Regards

Doom

Boycott? Barnsley?

I always thought Geoffrey was from Wakefield.

Can't think why anyone would want to go to Barnsley anyway

Can't think why anyone would want to go to Barnsley anyway

To move away from this kind of attitutde no doubt.