Warning, to all anglers!!

Was out on a pond by rothervally, doing abit of stalking, don't know name of pond only that it's close to the country park, anyway was plodding round as you do when I saw 4/5 lads,all 18/25ish, who I just thought was messing round as youngens do! When all of a suden a got a wack on the top of my arm, and was grabbed by 2/3 of em while the others run to a dark van with my tackle, as soon as my stuff was loaded the legged me up and run off into a moving van side door and drive off, I did not see em good enough to be able to recognise em again, so not a lot I can do!

BUT I CAN WARN ALL OF YOU,

little f......s !!!! bets are there local to the area,drive round and keep your eyes open if you spot them call the plod or the 2nd option get a couple of pals and have a little chat with them !!

little f......s !!!! bets are there local to the area,drive round and keep your eyes open if you spot them call the plod or the 2nd option get a couple of pals and have a little chat with them !!

Me and a few mates going back over later, if we see em we going to get the money's worth of tackle back, but not in cash, in f**king blood, and if the police have seen this? Im only joking course I'll phone the police! Honest! ;)

Irrespective of whether or not you look for payment in blood you should definitely inform the police of the robbery. They might actually get off their backsides and do something useful.

this must have been a horrible experience for you! i fish on my own a lot in out of the way places but fortunately nothing like this has ever happened. if you're with a mate or two at least you can have a go back.

a few years ago, anglers fishing on their own at crookes valley park were being targeted, being pushed in the water and having their tackle smashed up. this was the work of anti - anglers though, not thieves.

Irrespective of whether or not you look for payment in blood you should definitely inform the police of the robbery. They might actually get off their backsides and do something useful.

Police say its been noted, but unfortunately because I did not get a good enough look at them to be able to I'd em! There's not a lot they can do at this point, so basically if they do catch someone they need em to admit it to press charges against,

I'm just glad it was a old rod n reel I use for stalking! That's 1 venue off my cards now!! :(

this must have been a horrible experience for you! i fish on my own a lot in out of the way places but fortunately nothing like this has ever happened. if you're with a mate or two at least you can have a go back.

a few years ago, anglers fishing on their own at crookes valley park were being targeted, being pushed in the water and having their tackle smashed up. this was the work of anti - anglers though, not thieves.

Yes Charlie, it deffo sommot I don't want to go through again! I'm 6" 1 and 16stone so if they will have ago at me they will have ago at most others! So ppl please becarefull,

i'm not a fan of commercial fisheries but i can understand why some anglers fish nothing else as generally you, your tackle and car are safe.