Sony playstation 3

If people weren't so quick to steal movies/games/music etc then sony wouldn't be forced to remove things like Linux. You only have yourselves to blame.

Problem is it's already been removed from most of the pirate movies that you can download. So again it doesn't affect pirates at all & just punishes people who buy original disks (then use their backups). Of course when they sell fewer disks they'll blame piracy again.

Easiest solution seems to be download a working (pirate) copy & hope the court goes easy on you when you can show them your original disks. Otherwise you have to re-encode the audio of the movie & put it back together again, that can take a while & be a bit complicated depending on what software you use.

Thanks for warning me not to buy a Sony Playstation 3 - can they blame piracy for that too? I'm sure they'll try.

Edited by anywebsite

If people weren't so quick to steal movies/games/music etc then sony wouldn't be forced to remove things like Linux. You only have yourselves to blame.

Not everyone actually steals copyright. some if us do actually support the work produced in movieland. I personally am a cineworld card holder and support them every month. I do think however that it shouldnt be illegal to download tv programs that have been shown on free tv.

the other tv issue I have is that some quality US programs never actually see the light of day in this country so how else do you get to see them.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Not everyone actually steals copyright. some if us do actually support the work produced in movieland. I personally am a cineworld card holder and support them every month. I do think however that it shouldnt be illegal to download tv programs that have been shown on free tv.

the other tv issue I have is that some quality US programs never actually see the light of day in this country so how else do you get to see them.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Tv is a grey area as i see it, while the BBC do sell dvd boxsets of its shows I wouldn't see downloading a show as illegal due to us paying for it via the licence fee.

hi ive been asked by someone if you can play copied dvds on a ps 3 also could you play avi's that are on a disk

thanks

Yes, and yes. The AVIs need to be encoded with a PS3 compatible codec though: Divx/Xvid