River don anybody ?

went on the don yesterday around 6pm on effingham road & had a 4lb chub ,a 3lb rainbow trout&a 2il grayling&a few other smaller fish,not bad fish from a river that was like an open sewer not that many years agon!

been on the don again this evening near weedon street&ha dsome good chub out up to 5/6 lbs on luncheon meat

Is the stretch from beeley wood up to oughtibridge free or do you need a day ticket/club membership?

im pretty sure its free as i dont think anybody owns any stretches up there,make sure you have your licence though as the baliffs are keen

How you fishing it alf1956, I was down east coast road the other afternoon, had one chub about 2lb and a barbel about 3lb, but nothing else. I usually stick float it, but tried ledgering meat this time but soon got fed up of the snags and loosing tackle. Think i'll be sticking to the float in future.

ledger fishing it on luncheon meat big cubes of it,we have last a few bombs witht he snags but we have upgraded to 10 lb line & using a braid bottom & we dont lose as many now.

Cheers mate, looks like i'd better scale up and give it another go.

Have been fishing the meadowhall stretch for the last 4 out of 5 weekends.

It's been a pleasure, not had masses of fish nor anything particularly big, but each time better than the last, and you cannot ask for more than that!

I have had dace, roach and trout on the maggot feeder and some nice chub to just over 4lb on soft jelly pellet. Yet to catch a grayling, perhaps i'm in the wrong swims! Was trotting a worm for hours, not a twitch! Keen to get one before the year is out! and since even a 1 once grayling will be my personal best I'll love it when it happens!

Have been fishing the meadowhall stretch for the last 4 out of 5 weekends.

It's been a pleasure, not had masses of fish nor anything particularly big, but each time better than the last, and you cannot ask for more than that!

I have had dace, roach and trout on the maggot feeder and some nice chub to just over 4lb on soft jelly pellet. Yet to catch a grayling, perhaps i'm in the wrong swims! Was trotting a worm for hours, not a twitch! Keen to get one before the year is out! and since even a 1 once grayling will be my personal best I'll love it when it happens!

went yesterday for an 90 minute session on the float with worm at the back of the wicker&had 6 grayling out up to about a pound to a pound&half,it is very rare i go on the don&dont catch grayling!we have had chub up to 5ilb on the luncheon meat on the bomb near meadowhall but no barbel yet which we have been trying for!on the float we have had trout up to 3lb,roach,perch.we usually go towards dusk as we find it fishes better as you lose the light.

Perhaps the grayling dont like me :(

I was fishing the Don at Rotherham last year and this guy comes over and said 'so you had much?' I told him I'd had x roach and y perch on the maggot and worm... he gasped and said 'what.. no grayling??'

Heheh, it will happen soon! Look out for the topic 'Chidorii Catches a Grayling...'

Red maggot anywhere from the back of the Wednesday ground upstream. Loose feed only a dozen or so maggots every trot through. Once the bites dry up - move. The river is stuffed with grayling.

I've had over 40 in a session and I'm a crap angler!

You can't fail honestly. Be aware that the trout season is about to end so be nice to the inevitable out of season trout as they get ready for spawning.

I have been on the don at meadowhall today directly outside the oasis, i started on the rother at catcliffe but only had about half a dozen minnows in 3 hours fishing. Maggot feeder and maggot and also had a bomb and meat rod out, fishing was slow so decided a move was in order, got to the don about 1 o clock fished until about 3, had 6 perch between 8 oz and a pound, 3 grayling about 12oz and a dozen or so dace all on the maggot feeder with double red maggot on the hook. Just shows you what a change can do!!