What's the word on Eternit slates.

Northern Star and Spider1.

Calm Down Dears! It's only a commercial.

Northern Star and Spider1.

Calm Down Dears! It's only a commercial.

No its roofer v bodger

He most probaly has and if you think cost isnt the only thing people care about its obvious you havnt priced up for many jobs. Get in the real world

I take it from your demeanour that you're the said contractor?

The OP has more than just two choices of covering, if I was him I'd be wondering why:suspect:

I can also assure you that I do live in the real world, and for me I wouldn't compromise but that's my choice, if you disagree then I really don't have a problem with that.

I can also assure you that I have priced up many jobs though these days I am more likely to put jobs out to tender.

I take it from your demeanour that you're the said contractor?

The OP has more than just two choices of covering, if I was him I'd be wondering why:suspect:

I can also assure you that I do live in the real world, and for me I wouldn't compromise but that's my choice, if you disagree then I really don't have a problem with that.

I can also assure you that I have priced up many jobs though these days I am more likely to put jobs out to tender.

Done hundreds of refurbs for Seff Council and the and all there grant work on roofs is Eternit slates which you should know . Maybe you should advise there Surveyers and Quantity Surveyors . The person asked a simple question whats best for him and you can only reply with what is best for you . Didnt you stop to think that he cant afford to throw money away . Everybody in this world is not like me and you who can afford anything we want.

Edited by spider1

Done hundreds of refurbs for Seff Council and the and all there grant work on roofs is Eternit slates which you should know . Maybe you should advise there Surveyers and Quantity Surveyors .

Sheffield City Council are hardly an authority on quality high end construction projects, to them it's about getting the job done as cheaply and functionally as possible with what money they have, there's nothing wrong with that it's functional.

At the other end of the scale there are buildings that people genuinely care about and want maintain and conserve regardless of cost. Many people want to indulge in living in period buildings and go to great lengths to maintain the character of their home whether it is in a conservation area or not, what's wrong with that?

As for advising the council, I'm sure they are very aware of the considerations that need to be taken into account when deciding what roof covering to use and where they can get away with using cheap alternatives.

Sheffield City Council are hardly an authority on quality high end construction projects, to them it's about getting the job done as cheaply and functionally as possible with what money they have, there's nothing wrong with that it's functional.

At the other end of the scale there are buildings that people genuinely care about and want maintain and conserve regardless of cost. Many people want to indulge in living in period buildings and go to great lengths to maintain the character of their home whether it is in a conservation area or not, what's wrong with that?

As for advising the council, I'm sure they are very aware of the considerations that need to be taken into account when deciding what roof covering to use and where they can get away with using cheap alternatives.

Just answer his question and stop pratling on

You have given me just what I wanted, two opposite points of view to consider....

Thank you very much Gentlemen ...

For a standard terrace in Sheffield, I'd go for eternit any day of the week.

In fact it's what I went for, after weighing up exactly the same options and quotes for eternit vs Welsh slate.

For a standard terrace in Sheffield, I'd go for eternit any day of the week.

In fact it's what I went for, after weighing up exactly the same options and quotes for eternit vs Welsh slate.

Hi biotechpete . I bet you were more than satisfied with looks and work when its finished. Probably saved yourself £1000 plus as well. Second slates hey what a joke .Glad you didnt fall for that one .