Police cant investigate crime we're on holiday !

I'd stop now if I was you. You are making yourself look stupid. There are no cops an speed vans.

I think you ought to shout full up.

NO COPS ON SPEED VANS YOU SAY.

What a load of crap, I passed one the other day with two coppers noting cars coming past, two hundred yards down the road two more stopping cars they were told to. Two cop cars stood doing nothing.....You are the one talking rubbish.

oosit..

how many people have to tell you before you understand.?

cops on camera vans are working on their days off for overtime. PAID FOR BY SAFETY CAMERA PARTNERSHIP

Most of the cops at football matches are working on their DAYS OFF, that were cancelled months prior to the match, FOR NO EXTRA MONEY.

Cops on TV shows simply have a camera crew following them..!!

They arent being rented out.!!

and ten years ago the population was different.. thanks to the labour government.

The uk population in 2001 was 58.7 million people

The uk population in 2011 was 62.2 million people

So the same number of cops are having to police an extra three and half MILLION people.

Like i said.. They are short handed. But the Chief Constables wont say that out loud.

What a load of crap, I passed one the other day with two coppers noting cars coming past, two hundred yards down the road two more stopping cars they were told to. Two cop cars stood doing nothing.....You are the one talking rubbish.

Well that wasnt a speed enforcement then was it..!

If you get caught speeding, you just get sent the paperwork in the post, they dont pull you over down the road..!!

What you saw was probably cops and PCSOs doing a traffic checkpoint, looking for vehicles with dangerous faults on the, like bald tyres and jagged bodywork.

I daren’t ask the age of your son because even a 16 year old shouldn’t be at school with 800 quids worth of equipment …… please don’t say he was 12.

No matter how old they are or how much the phone was,they are entitiled to take it where ever they like within the rules of the establishment they visit and it should be safe to do so,and if not then it should be the responsibility of the police to police it promptly and efficiantly and appoint an officer who is actually on duty.

Thats what we pay massive amounts of tax for isnt it?

Well that wasnt a speed enforcement then was it..!

If you get caught speeding, you just get sent the paperwork in the post, they dont pull you over down the road..!!

What you saw was probably cops and PCSOs doing a traffic checkpoint, looking for vehicles with dangerous faults on the, like bald tyres and jagged bodywork.

Cameras can spot bald tyres now....WOW.

No matter how old they are or how much the phone was,they are entitiled to take it where ever they like within the rules of the establishment they visit and it should be safe to do so,and if not then it should be the responsibility of the police to police it promptly and efficiantly and appoint an officer who is actually on duty.

YES, spot on post.

To the OP - hopefully your sensible son would have taken out insurance cover on an item that expensive, and how on earth has he lost it at school?

Why would it be out of his sight/bag/pocket?

Was it stolen or has he actually lost it?

There is no need for the police to take a statement if no-one has been seen.

No, the remit is not to have a police officer to be on guard 24/7.

I'd suggest getting on the Batphone, but looks like he's ou of action too... http://t.co/yaXTiYqc

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

OOISIT. You still haven't answered my question about why you think catching criminals is more of a priority than catching speeding drivers? Even though speeding is against the law, hence a crime.

Would you be saying that, if god forbid, it was a thread about a child killed by a speeding driver. You'll be telling us next that you can't see what the problem is with stopping uninsured drivers.

OOISIT. You still haven't answered my question about why you think catching criminals is more of a priority than catching speeding drivers? Even though speeding is against the law, hence a crime.

Would you be saying that, if god forbid, it was a thread about a child killed by a speeding driver. You'll be telling us next that you can't see what the problem is with stopping uninsured drivers.

I won't bre telling you anything next however your saying if this happened or that happened can be applied to anything.

I think theft is more a priority than coppers on a speed trap you don't so what?

The speed trap is not the issue it is better use of the police we have that is.

The fact that you don't get a criminal record for a speeding ticket suggest theft is the more serious crime.

Edited by ooisit