Police cant investigate crime we're on holiday !

South Yorkshire Safer Roads Partnership a joint partnership between the Highways Agency, Sheffield/Barnsley/Rotherham and Doncaster councils, Court service, SYP and other agencies.

The partnership board are their own entity represented by officials from each of the above. They are allocated their own budget from central government used specificaly for all aspects of road safety. They have a mixture of seconded civillian and enforcement offers and work inconjuction with traffic division officers.

Funding is monitored monthly and is adjusted to suit changes in official guidelines and tactical stance eg: stronger focus on fines or less fine and more focus on speed awareness. This has a tendancy to change on a quaterly basis.

Feel free to wade through the whole legislation if you want

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmtran/writev/roadsafety/m9.htm

Feel

Edited by ECCOnoob

And just where have I said they do. My reply was to the speed camera van post.:loopy::loopy:

You are trying to imply that police officers spend their time on speed traps indstead of investigating crime were you not? Otherwise what was the point of your post?

You still haven't acknowledge the fact that you were completely wrong about the mobile police vans, you were saying they were manned by police officers.

And where is your proof that all police oficers are trying to be tv stars? Or is that an exaggeration as well. Plus you haven't acknowleged that South Yorkshire is a safer place, far safer than it's neighbouring cities.

You've actually no idea what it's about or how it's run. :loopy::loopy::loopy: There, I've gone one more than you LOL.

Edited by verona

You are trying to imply that police officers spend their time on speed traps indstead of investigating crime were you not? Otherwise what was the point of your post?

You still haven't acknowledge the fact that you were completely wrong about the mobile police vans, you were saying they were manned by police officers.

And where is your proof that all police oficers are trying to be tv stars? Or is that an exaggeration as well. Plus you haven't acknowleged that South Yorkshire is a safer place, far safer than it's neighbouring cities.

You've actually no idea what it's about or how it's run. :loopy::loopy::loopy: There, I've gone one more than you LOL.

In reference to your post (my bold), I once worked with an ex police woman and I once asked her a question about a certain officer who was a regular face in the tv police series within South Yorkshire. Her reply was that he was the biggest a**e hole in the force and that they all loved playing up to the tv cameras. And by the way there is also a speed camera sometimes set up in the evening after dark on Richmond Road at Handsworth, manned by a police officer in uniform.

When people like you going to stop banging on about police using hidden camera vans and collecting revenue. You ned to get your facts right instead of towing the line.

THEY ARE MANNED BY THE CAMERA PARTENSHIP THAT EMPLOY CIVILIAN STAFF, NOT POLICE OFFICERS. GOT IT???:loopy:

Why are they manned by people wearing police uniforms then?

Get in the real world easy job easy money police employed as revenue collectors.

Edited by ooisit

Because police civillian staff still wear a police marked uniform. A hi viz jacket with police on does not necesarilly indicate a civilian or officer. Are you pulling over to interrage them or something?

Incidentally, the traffic division and roads policing units are made up of some fully fledged police officers. The Safer Road Partnership/Safety Camera Partnership also have several fully fledged officers seconded into the unit and its jurisdiction.

Why is this pointless debate still being pursued?

The beef appears to be that "real police" should not be involved with speeding. They should all focus on what is laughingly percieve to be "real crimes".

It has been made clear to you that speeding and other motoring offences are real crimes. Whether you personally agree with that is a different matter. Like it or not they have a dedicated unit for motoring offences together with a joint government partnership to deal with the criminal offence of speeding. Neither of which will deal with a phone theft.

The theft in question IS being dealt with but obviously just not quick enough for in the mind of the OP.......unfortunately that's life. What you personally percieve to be a priority is not in grand scheme of things. Therefore you simply need to be patient and wait your turn. If the police had done nothing or said six weeks then there maybe a different opinion but the fact is they have not. its being dealt with next week.

Now, can we please get over your pointless hump and move on. You are becoming tiresome and the whole thing is completely irrelevent to the thread.

Because police civillian staff still wear a police marked uniform. A hi viz jacket with police on does not necesarilly indicate a civilian or officer. Are you pulling over to interrage them or something?

Incidentally, the traffic division and roads policing units are made up of some fully fledged police officers. The Safer Road Partnership/Safety Camera Partnership also have several fully fledged officers seconded into the unit and its jurisdiction.

Why is this pointless debate still being pursued?

The beef appears to be that "real police" should not be involved with speeding. They should all focus on what is laughingly percieve to be "real crimes".

It has been made clear to you that speeding and other motoring offences are real crimes. Whether you personally agree with that is a different matter. Like it or not they have a dedicated unit for motoring offences together with a joint government partnership to deal with the criminal offence of speeding. Neither of which will deal with a phone theft.

The theft in question IS being dealt with but obviously just not quick enough for in the mind of the OP.......unfortunately that's life. What you personally percieve to be a priority is not in grand scheme of things. Therefore you simply need to be patient and wait your turn. If the police had done nothing or said six weeks then there maybe a different opinion but the fact is they have not. its being dealt with next week.

Now, can we please get over your pointless hump and move on. You are becoming tiresome and the whole thing is completely irrelevent to the thread.

To many revenue collectors and not enough criminal catchers.

I consider catching theives more a priority than catching speeding motorists in a camera van.

I am not talking about civillians in hi tech vests I know the difference.

Your long drawn out unimpressive post doesn't mean any of it is correct.

Edited by ooisit

To many revenue collectors and not enough criminal catchers.

I consider catching theives more a priority than catching speeding motorists in a camera van.

I am not talking about civillians in hi tech vests I know the difference.

Your long drawn out unimpressive post doesn't mean any of it is correct.

Its a phone, its of no importance, a phone, thats all. Its nothing in the scheme of things.

All the OP has to do is walk to a phone box if they need to make a call.

A phone, no big deal.

Its a phone, its of no importance, a phone, thats all. Its nothing in the scheme of things.

All the OP has to do is walk to a phone box if they need to make a call.

A phone, no big deal.

It's theft but thanks for your opinion of it being irellevant a bit like the totally pathetic post by someone earlier who said police should not investigate thefts under a certain value.

Ah diddums. Had to wait a few days for the police to respond to a petty theft offence because they were on leave.

So what?? God sake - the police are busy and thanks to the government cuts they are stretched to the limit. What was the priority here? he was without his precious iphone for a few days? He was unable to keep attempting his high score on a game? Unable to access facebook? What???

The police are there to serve everyone not just YOU. You may have noticed but there is a lot going on these past few days and staff on leave will create more of a backlog. Wait your turn.

You want to get reality check. Bet you'd think differently if it happened to your son or daughter. That's the trouble today nobody has any sense of what's right and wrong. No thieving little get had the right to take his phone no matter what it cost

You want to get reality check. Bet you'd think differently if it happened to your son or daughter. That's the trouble today nobody has any sense of what's right and wrong. No thieving little get had the right to take his phone no matter what it cost

Lol this forum is a joke, get some teacher at school to even dare to look at their little angels in the wrong way and they are all in uproar, this young person has been robbed at school a theif is lurking and none of em give a monkeys.

Edited by ooisit

Never ever have I read such a load of rubbish.

Yes an officer is allowed to take rest days, but that officer should have his work covered by someone else while he is off duty. It would be a sorry state of affairs if your stupid idea was carried out in a hospital casualty unit, would you like to be the one that says, sorry there is no doctor on duty today to attend to your life threatening injuries its their day off, can you please wait until tomorrow and come back when the doctors back on duty.

If your reply this thread is the best you can do then i suggest you give your job on here up and try something else.

You have not read many of her posts then ?

It's theft but thanks for your opinion of it being irellevant a bit like the totally pathetic post by someone earlier who said police should not investigate thefts under a certain value.

ooisit.. your beef about police being revenue collectors, is very tired and dull. The point of speed enforcement is to punish knobheads who drive too fast. Period.

the money goes straight to the GOVERNMENT.. not the police.!

Your point about speed enforcement taking several Officers is just wrong. It takes ONE cop to work a speed camera or laser speed gun. If you saw more than that one occasion then there was clearly something else going on.

As others have tried to tell you.

Camera Van = ONE COP.. Paid for through safety camera partnership, not police funds.

And my point about placing a value on thefts to be investigated is a reality check on the current sad state of affairs. There arent enough cops. Period.!

So something has to give. The cops should stop lying to people and just admit that they are short staffed and that some stuff just wont get done.!

Dont the blame the cops, blame the politicians. And if you didnt vote then your just as guilty.