Council tenants and unkempt gardens.

This tread has prompted me for once and for all to get the garden sorted out,so I have just picked the phone up and ordered 3 sq meters of concrete:hihi:

I think this is unfair. If you don't have a lawnmower etc - how do you cut your grass? The council say they offer "help" to sort out gardens, but they don't.

Charity agencies say they will help - but not with the exterior of your garden.

It shouldn't be just "Council Tenants" who get the criticism. What about people who purchase there houses etc...there gardens are total tips!

If it was a perfect world, you would get off your high horse and look at the bigger picture. Some people don't have the time/money to do the garden for alot of reasons.

Stop picking a fight for no reason.

Reasons Being: 1) Too Idle

2) Rather go out enjoying themselves

3) Rather spend their money on drugs, Beer, Cars etc

I wonder if your views are typical of wybourn residents.

Your post makes no sense at all.

just for your small mind...

basicly if you dont like it you come round and tydy them up or mind your own buisness and shat it moaning about some thing that does not concern you

basicly if you dont like it you come round and tydy them up or mind your own buisness and shat it moaning about some thing that does not concern you

MY SMALL MIND.:hihi::hihi:.

English not your first language then.:roll::roll:.

If you don't like gardening you should not have one or pay someone who does like it.

Asking others to come round and clear your crap up speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

I was dragged up on the Manor. My old man used to do his best to keep our garden mowed, and free of dog-crap. He kept the hedges chopped, and painted the old pallet fence every year. I now have my own house, and these actions have weared into me. I always keep the gardens pretty tidy, without spending a bomb. My neighbours do the same. Its not a "class" thing. Im not a snob, but ive worked hard and bought my own place, not that it makes a blind bit of difference, but it makes a more pleasant community when your house is tidy and looked after. If you are too lazy to look after your bit of the world then do as Shogun says, and concrete it over because no matter what the lazy gardeners of these unkempt gardens may think, it DOES make an area look like the Chatsworth estate if people dont have a bit of pride in where they live. When I see a ****e-hole of a garden/house, I dont think "aah, they must get their grass nicked a lot"........

The Wybourn estate is not run by Sheffield City Council or Sheffield Homes. It's run by a Housing association. Most council tenants look after their properties.:rolleyes:

Not read all the thread but some Private houses or home owned gardens need tidy up. my nxt door one just cant be botherd and it atracks rats!!

Wow 2 or 3 gardens on the whole estate?? I suggest you come and have another look, I live on the Wybourn and you are way off, of course there are some people that don't look after their gardens but your totally wrong! This estate is a mixture of council housing and bought houses.... Some people have chosen to buy and live here.

MY SMALL MIND.:hihi::hihi:.

English not your first language then.:roll::roll:.

If you don't like gardening you should not have one or pay someone who does like it.

Asking others to come round and clear your crap up speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

Do council houses have an option to return unwanted gardens,leaving a rather bland black hole?You seem to believe all you read which is probably not wise.

Do council houses have an option to return unwanted gardens,leaving a rather bland black hole?You seem to believe all you read which is probably not wise.

No.................................

how can you judge people about their gardens? each individual has their own reasons for not being able to keep their garden tidy, yes there may be some who dont care but there may also be some that have genuine reasons. i kept me garden neat for 10 years then suffered with a medical condition that prevented me to continue for a while... then what pops through the door but a complaint from the council, i had been reported, needless to say i was fuming about it as never got offered any help on a temporary basis! it wasnt even untidy just overgrown a bit!

why dont all the people on here that dont like the look of an unkept garden get together and form a Tidy Garden Gang. Go round to these houses and offer your services, you might make a few quid or at the very least get a cuppa for your efforts.

and then just think how much better you will sleep at night knowing all the gardens are now all tidy and pretty and its all down to YOU :D