Tips on how to lose weight

There cannot be a more simple answer to this. Burn off more calories than you consume. Job done, except for those with an dodgy thyroid or if you are very, very greedy.

above yes refined sugars cakes etc thats how i did it

Buy low fat/low sugar varieties of foods, use fry-light instead of oil.... Avoid processed foods at all costs! .

But low fat/low sugar varieties of foods are processed. Or did you mean something else?:confused:

There cannot be a more simple answer to this. Burn off more calories than you consume.

This is undeniably true, but people who are sued to getting their calories from poor food will find it impossible to stick to that principle unless they re-educate their palates and control their blood sugar levels as well.

This is undeniably true, but people who are sued to getting their calories from poor food will find it impossible to stick to that principle unless they re-educate their palates and control their blood sugar levels as well.

Agreed, but its education again, isnt it? Its a pity that people dont take responsibility for their own health, as nobody is forced to shovel crap into their bodies. A maccy D is fine, but in proportion. Sadly the obese cant seem to get this. Not to mention the drain it has on our health service.

nobody is forced to shovel crap into their bodies.

Not 'forced', perhaps, but allowed to, encouraged to and conditioned to.

It is far easier and cheaper to consume ridiculous amounts of fat and refined sugar nowadays than it ever used to be. Plus, junk food is full of monosodium glutamate which is addictive.

Fast 16 hours a day and once for 24 hours. Eat protein every meal. The amount of meals isnt important, It's the total calories and macro nutrient profile which is important.

On top of that excercise daily min 30 mins and weight train occasionally. You will lose 2 lbs a week min.

It is far easier and cheaper to consume ridiculous amounts of fat and refined sugar nowadays than it ever used to be. Plus, junk food is full of monosodium glutamate which is addictive.

too true. you didnt see many fat kids when we were little, probably because we only had the wimpy on the moor and proud potato on middlewood road. far too much crap around today, easy and cheap to buy. people can be so unintelligent when it comes to food choice!

Dark marketing forces at work, saying u need grains to lead a healthy life. comes from a similar place that propogates eating 6 small meals a day. Just companies trying to sell more food, supplements etc.

people can be so unintelligent when it comes to food choice!

Not just food. Alcohol, tobacco, sexual health, relationships, bringing children up, managing their money...the list goes on! In many cases it's not relaly a question of real choice as in 'Shall I buy a bag of apples or a big sugary cake?' so much as seeking out comfort food, or buying the same stuff your parents fed you.

A lot of people get fat through overeating when unhappy. It becomes a way of life.

Edited by aliceBB

Dark marketing forces at work, saying u need grains to lead a healthy life. comes from a similar place that propogates eating 6 small meals a day. Just companies trying to sell more food, supplements etc.

But the government allows this propaganda. Yet they moan about the amount spent on the NHS. Ultimately, people must make their own decisions and suffer the consequences (spellers, attack me now):hihi:

But the government allows this propaganda. Yet they moan about the amount spent on the NHS. Ultimately, people must make their own decisions and suffer the consequences (spellers, attack me now):hihi:

I know, this is what an nhs doctor will say aswell!

I'm training now doing almost the opposite nhs say and the body fat is dripping off. I dont eat grains, I dont eat 6 meals a day.

You need to figure out what works for you with testing because these so called experts, most of them don't know much.