C'mon Andy Murray.

Best bit of the Murray Tsonga match for me was when Murray slammed the tennis ball across the net straight into Tsongas manhood:gag:

Tsonga dropped to the ground clutching the crown jewels & a spectator shouts 'New balls please!' :clap:

Murray is British when he wins and Scottish when he loses. I think that he may become Scottish again tomorrow.

So true, a lot of fair weather people on here.

Best bit of the Murray Tsonga match for me was when Murray slammed the tennis ball across the net straight into Tsongas manhood:gag:

Tsonga dropped to the ground clutching the crown jewels & a spectator shouts 'New balls please!' :clap:

Ouch! bet that hurt, i wouldn't know though.:hihi:

It wasn't, we were conned then as now - she was crowned in 1953 and the last time a British man got to finals was in 1939 - Fred Perry. Funny in't it when Murray wasn't winning he was Scottish but now he's winning he's British. We are 3rd rate at most sports because we are a nanny nation without the killer instinct or training facilities of the other countries who treat their sportsmen/women much better

Fred Perry was so British that he abandoned his British nationally and took an American one.

I would'nt get too carried away . Good for him that he got to the final, but he 's a Scot and so has nothing to do with anything south of the border. By his own admission he isn't a great fan of the English...so it's not an Englishman going to the final . Rather sad that English adopt folks who don't even recognize themselves as a member of the same group / race however you wish to label it.

it would be more accurate to say,

first briton since 1938 first scot ever.

come on fed put this miserable scot in is place

Bunny Austin was British too, but also English. Andy Murray is British, and also Scottish.

I think there is a difference in attitudes though.The English will often support their neighbours in tournaments, like supporting a Scotsman. Often this is not reciprocated, with Scots often willing the English to lose. Murray once did this, willing a win for Trinidad and Tobago over England, which is why I will never support Murray :P

Edited by mj.scuba

I would'nt get too carried away . Good for him that he got to the final, but he 's a Scot and so has nothing to do with anything south of the border. By his own admission he isn't a great fan of the English...so it's not an Englishman going to the final . Rather sad that English adopt folks who don't even recognize themselves as a member of the same group / race however you wish to label it.

it would be more accurate to say,

first briton since 1938 first scot ever.

come on fed put this miserable scot in is place

You miserable SASSENACH. :hihi:

I hope the miserable sod gets thrashed.

Murray mound....strawberries and cream....Cliff Pilchard singing..

Murrays tortoise necked mother...I hate the whole show...

I've heard people saying Andy is surly and miserable and for that reason they don't want him to win.What a pathetic reason for not showing support.He's worked so hard.

I really hope this SCOTSMAN wins.

I take it you want him to turn up with is face painted blue,

and if he wins ,...starts charging round wimbledon with a scottish flag sreaming" we want arr freeeeeeeeeeeedom".:help:

do forget sir cliff will be there:roll:

Bunny Austin was British too, but also English. Andy Murray is British, and also Scottish.

I think there is a difference in attitudes though.The English will often support their neighbours in tournaments, like supporting a Scotsman. Often this is not reciprocated, with Scots often willing the English to lose. Murray once did this, willing a win for Trinidad and Tobago over England, which is why I will never support Murray :P

whats the odds he whips out a scottish flag if the miserable git wins

Murray is British when he wins and Scottish when he loses. .

Are you para phrasing i said that on the Andy Murray thread in general sports chat regarding the same topic..:hihi:

C'mon Andy!

Edit- now the threads have merged its been said three times.

Edited by janie48

I wonder if sir cliff will have is salmon outfit on?