C'mon Andy Murray.

I love watching Andy,his game is more chess like with all those b/h slices.

Andy is the male version of Radwanska,very consistent,skilful with fast legs but lacking in power.

Serena to bt Radwanska love and love.

Murray to beat Tsonga with consistency but lose easily to Djokovic in three sets.

Tsonga will be his semi-final opponent, so let's see if your fears are justified...

We can now happily say that the draw has indeed opened up for him with Nadal being out. Tsonga is hardly a pushover, but at least it's a match that Murray should win.

Didn't that Tsonga cause a major upset in some tennis tournament, possibly last year of one b4. Just means that Murray has the chance to lose to a new opponent this year in is yearly quest, hope he does win, persistence does pay off.

Didn't that Tsonga cause a major upset in some tennis tournament, possibly last year of one b4.

He reached the final of the 2008 Australian Open, as an unseeded player ranked 43. In doing so he beat Murray in the first round, which was a major upset and cued much castigation of Murray's incompetence; but he went on to beat three other seeds including Nadal in the final, proving that it wasn't Murray being incompetent but Tsonga being much better than his ranking. He has been consistently in the top ten since.

It's another tough match, certainly, as was Ferrer; but as good as Tsonga is, Murray is better, and will rightly be favourite to win.

He reached the final of the 2008 Australian Open, as an unseeded player ranked 43. In doing so he beat Murray in the first round, which was a major upset and cued much castigation of Murray's incompetence; but he went on to beat three other seeds including Nadal in the final, proving that it wasn't Murray being incompetent but Tsonga being much better than his ranking. He has been consistently in the top ten since.

It's another tough match, certainly, as was Ferrer; but as good as Tsonga is, Murray is better, and will rightly be favourite to win.

Cheers HN for this, not a tennis fan really but, perhaps we could get a British winner in Golden Jubilee year, I mean we had Virginia Wade in 77 & that was the Silver Jubilee.:thumbsup:

Cheers HN for this, not a tennis fan really but, perhaps we could get a British winner in Golden Jubilee year, I mean we had Virginia Wade in 77 & that was the Silver Jubilee.:thumbsup:

It wasn't, we were conned then as now - she was crowned in 1953 and the last time a British man got to finals was in 1939 - Fred Perry. Funny in't it when Murray wasn't winning he was Scottish but now he's winning he's British. We are 3rd rate at most sports because we are a nanny nation without the killer instinct or training facilities of the other countries who treat their sportsmen/women much better

It wasn't, we were conned then as now - she was crowned in 1953

Jubilees are dated from accession, not coronation.

It wasn't, we were conned then as now - she was crowned in 1953 and the last time a British man got to finals was in 1939 - Fred Perry. Funny in't it when Murray wasn't winning he was Scottish but now he's winning he's British. We are 3rd rate at most sports because we are a nanny nation without the killer instinct or training facilities of the other countries who treat their sportsmen/women much better

She ascended the throne in 52, and I said winner & it was Miss Wade and up to know Scotland is still in Britain. So we could have a winner in both jubilee years, she ascended to the throne on Feb 6th 1952.

Just gen up before you attempt to shoot down please, I'd sooner Murray be British than bloody Zola Budd hows that for convenience.

Lets hope Andy wins today,to see him get through to the finals would be a great acchievment.

I used to be more of a tennis fan then i am now,these last few years havn't captured my attention as much,but i will be watching with enthusiasm if he is playing in the final.Trouble is if he gets beaten what a downer that will be.

She ascended the throne in 52, and I said winner & it was Miss Wade and up to know Scotland is still in Britain. So we could have a winner in both jubilee years, she ascended to the throne on Feb 6th 1952.

Just gen up before you attempt to shoot down please, I'd sooner Murray be British than bloody Zola Budd hows that for convenience.

I am genned up she was crowned on June 6th 1953 and it is my first recollection of seeing TV when I was just turned two years old. So all this hoo-ha around June 6th this year was a year early. If they wanted to be accurate we'd have had it in Feb but no they had it around the anniversary of the coronation but a year early, If they just wanted it in better weather they could have added it to Spring bank holiday which for all my lifetime has been 60 days after easter. This year that would have been 28th May until they moved the goal-post

I am genned up she was crowned on June 6th 1953

...which is irrelevant.Jubilees are dated from accession, not coronation.

The holiday is held in June because we tend to have better weather in June than in February.

My 80 year/old mum watches every match Andy plays on the Foxtel,but tonight is in hospital after just getting through last night.

Hospital has no digital T.V so she can't enjoy the semi-final match tonight but a repeat of the final is on later in the week.Thinking this is an omen for Andy to win the final.

Hope your mother is okay, Mac.

Perth is about nine hours ahead of us, is it not? ...if she were wanting to watch Murray's semifinal live she'd probably have to be up at three in the morning anyway. There is every chance of the Federer-Djokovic game going all five sets.