C'mon Andy Murray.

You obviously aint sat in a Scottish pub,and listened to the anti-english crap that is spouted regarding a lot of sports.

Boxing is probably the only sport where i hear the scots actually getting behind an english boxer.

What has people sat in an Scottish pub got to do with Andy Murray? I'm sure that you do not want to be held responsible for everything mentioned in an English pub?

Andy Murray once made a joke about the English football team in an interview when the interviewer was making constant jokes about the Scottish football team, and this has in some peoples minds led to him somehow insulting the nation.

I think that he's only insulted people who want to be insulted.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

il be cheering roger on as I'm neither Scottish or Swiss I just prefer federer he seems a proper gent and conducts himself perfectly at all times . I think being British is just the same as being European I'm part of both but choose federer on every aspect

Tim Henman says he is so nervous for him,he didn't sleep a wink.Lets hope Andy did.

Tim Henman spouts rubbish. I bet he had a good 8 hours sleep. He's probably secretly cursing Murray for putting him to shame.

Wash your mouths out with soap you lot who are saying you want another foreigner to win.After 76 years don't you think its about time the trophy was ours.:rant:

Wash your mouths out with soap you lot who are saying you want another foreigner to win.After 76 years don't you think its about time the trophy was ours.:rant:

there both foreigners!!!! but federer is a more classy and successful foreigner so Il be rooting for him !

Tim Henman spouts rubbish. I bet he had a good 8 hours sleep. He's probably secretly cursing Murray for putting him to shame.

:hihi: Well he sounded genuine enough.

I've tuned into Radio 5 live this morning their enthusiasm is very contagious.I really have caught the Murray fever.:clap:

there both foreigners!!!! but federer is a more classy and successful foreigner so Il be rooting for him !

I'm sure that Murray carries the same countries passport as I do.

Lets not forget that if Murray does win he'll not be the first British or Scottish male winner of a major Wimbledon title in the modern era, he wont even be the first Murray to win as his brother won a mixed doubles title a few years ago.

But let's not forget our very own Jonny Marray.

C'mon Marray!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18745438

:)

And how great he and his partner did!

Excellent match and I'm glad they got a packed court, it created a brilliant atmosphere for them. Well done Jonathan and Frederik :thumbsup:

I'm split over the match later on. I know Federer has already won it 6 times but I've always had a soft spot for him and I'd like to see him ranked #1 again. Can I be willing them both to win?

Forget Andy we've got a winner. Sheffield based Jonathan Marray does something that Andy Murray hasn't been able to do and win a major title.

Andy should ask him how to win in major finals he might learn something.

Jon's key was serving very well throughout the match.

I love your humour. :roll: As a 60+ year old Scot, I'm no more foreign than you. I bet your passport (if you have one) says you are from the United Kingdom? I know mine does. I'm married to an Englishman, with one child born in Scotland and one born here in South Yorkshire. If anyone is representing the UK we support them whether they are from Wales, N.I.,Scotland or England. The only time there is a difference of opinion is when England and Scotland compete against one another. Just as it should be IMO.

Federer is a fantastic player, whoever wins it should be worth watching.

Well Boris Becker came to me in a dream last night and told me Roger Federer would win today 3-1. Sorry folks but it was one step too far for Andy Murray. I've had £50 on the result i'm so confident the Becker won't let me down...;) ...or should that emoticon be...:loopy::hihi: