Views and opinions on witchcraft

Originally posted by 40summat

so i see

I hope you do :)

Yes JBEE,

Try evening primrose oil, capsuals. Chamomile tea three times a day or raspberry leaf tea.

Know where your coming from on that one. What a pain being a woman.

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

Yes Aleister Crowley landed on his feet?? Died old and lonely in a bedsit in Hastings - what a fitting ending to a 'sick' man.

:P

Knowledge is power Sheffco

Moon Maiden

moonmaiden aleister crowley was one of the most missunderstood occultists of this and the last century,may i suggest you read ...the star in the west ...by captain fuller...it might give you some insight into understanding agreat magician.....magick is the soul using imagination to turn on and use psychic energy....sex can be black magic...sex is mostly black magic[K]because it possesses you.not you it. sex can obsesss you to the piont of slavery.....true of the sexualy sick christian,obessesd by guilt .the christian sex slave thinks only of others lusts and turns sexual denial into an enslaving sexual virtue ====blackmagic[k]....................light the flame bright the fire .......red is the color of desire....?6669

Originally posted by deadgobby

... sex is mostly black magic[K]because it possesses you.not you it. ...

Unless you're a Scorpio ;)

I would like to know from a personal POV what peoples opinions and views on witchcraft are.

I had to bring it upo - just been dying to.

Moon Maiden

The word Witch to me conjures up visions of someone with frightening powers, who should be avoided at all costs, however, many years ago I was introduced to a Warlock by Pat Crowther, (without meeting either of them) we wrote and telephoned each other and he treat me for chronic arthritis of the spine.

He was the only one person who took all my pain away, during the time he was treating me, after I had been to healers, evangelists, faith healers, people praying in tongues over me and laying on of hands in name of Christ, did me no good at all, I still beleive there are some people who have got the power to heal.

Originally posted by bigredbox

Yes JBEE,

Try evening primrose oil, capsuals. Chamomile tea three times a day or raspberry leaf tea.

Know where your coming from on that one. What a pain being a woman.

Well, I already take evening primrose. But I like both rasberry leaf and chamomile tea, I'd just never considered them to be theraputic, so I'll try that! Thanks :thumbsup:

I would like to know from a personal POV what peoples opinions and views on witchcraft are.

Moon Maiden

[ whichcraft =women wisdom]...whichcraft as areligion was created by the roman catholic+protestant churches out of fear!!!!!!.....women created civilisation[[[man is about to destroy it]] women out of her needs and intuition created the city, aplace of stability a sophistication ;it was her psyhic womb,aware of her own seeding [birth] mechanism intuition told her of natures seasons. astrommony,astrology [occult]had there beginings with her

Originally posted by halevan

The word Witch to me conjures up visions of someone with frightening powers, who should be avoided at all costs, however, many years ago I was introduced to a Warlock by Pat Crowther, (without meeting either of them) we wrote and telephoned each other and he treat me for chronic arthritis of the spine.

He was the only one person who took all my pain away, during the time he was treating me, after I had been to healers, evangelists, faith healers, people praying in tongues over me and laying on of hands in name of Christ, did me no good at all, I still beleive there are some people who have got the power to heal.

There are two types of magic, black magic and white magic (very original i know) black magic is the sort which inflicts bad things on others, but it comes back to you worse, and white magic is the healing magic and to keep people safe etc.

Originally posted by deadgobby

[ whichcraft =women wisdom]...whichcraft as areligion was created by the roman catholic+protestant churches out of fear!!!!!!.....women created civilisation[[[man is about to destroy it]] women out of her needs and intuition created the city, aplace of stability a sophistication ;it was her psyhic womb,aware of her own seeding [birth] mechanism intuition told her of natures seasons. astrommony,astrology [occult]had there beginings with her

Not actually true so perhaps you ought to broaden the scope of books that you get your information from. Toman catholic and protestant churches had nothing to do with witches until Constantine.

Witch is a relatively modern term widely used as a description of a path some of us choose to follow. The original word is lost in time, but Druid comes pretty close. Howver - in this day and age we have a completely different concept of what a druid is as to what it actually was.

The rest of your post is a complete rant in my opinion. And love the bit about men about to destroy civilisation. Bhind every powerful man is a more powerful woman. Look through history.

Dragon

Guest Ant

Just a quick question about magic (magick/majyk/mr majestyk etc).

Why don't those who claim to be the true Guardians Of The Ancient Law share their knowledge and abilities with us all, instead of maintaining a silly cloak of mystery about their secretive shoulders? It's not as if you'd be burnt at the stake now, is it? Science would benefit from such new teachings.

Surely it's not because you are the Guardians Of The Secret Knowledge and that lesser mortals must never be privvy? It smacks a little of Dungeons and Dragons and pompous self importance. Can anyone please explain?

Originally posted by 40summat

Don't forget meadowsweet.

http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/meadowsweet.htm

It always works for me but i use the root (tastes like germaline)

I'm getting deja vu, sure i've mentioned this before

I'm thinking more of plant extracts that demonstrate the intended effect strongly under double blind controls. e.g. Willow bark extract a.k.a acetylsalicylic acid. It's a good antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agent too. Thankfully it's easily synthesised and mass produced.

If Witchcraft is the profound acceptance of the incalculable intricacy and beauty of the nature of the universe, and an intuitive grasp of it's laws and patterns, then it is hard to criticise what may even be a genuine oral tradition, or even a relatively modern pantheistic confection, as it is a relatively non-interventionist creed.

But when descriptions of witchcraft depart from homely descriptions of natural truths, or plant/animal knowledge, and meander into accounts of curses, hints at arcane higher orders of truth beyond the mundane, and all that old crud, then it becomes fodder for the credulous. And as PT Barnum observed, there is never a shortage.

And the credulous include a large number of pic'n'mix new agers, as well as the genuinely insane, the misguided, and the hard of thinking.

And when self identifying witches talk of retribution by 'witchy' means, the implicit statement is that they feel themselves both above and beyond the law, and in many ways superior to the rest of humanity - which in itself is no way to engender respect, admiration or even tolerance.

Moon Maiden

I thought all these practitioners had been either drowned in ducking stools or burned at the stake, 'bout time for another spanish inquistion with full on witch detectors! at least now they can be rehabilitated by tagging and councilling! That's progress in it!