Views and opinions on witchcraft

There is a special ointment to use for broomstick flying Don. Stops pretty much everything if used properly.

Glying broomsticks - hmmmm - when I was a lad they made proper besoms. those things were built to last. You could get 20 000 on the clock easy.

These days we have beings who will help transport us from one place to another in the blink of an eye so the old form of transport is dead - except for collectors of course.

Did not quite get the steak bit matey. You getting confused with vampire legend. Don't get me started on that. Jeze!

Anytime you feel like talking/arguing about the Craft - you know where to find me.

Dragon

Hi Moonmaiden,

I find witchcraft absolutely fascinating. I have a few books on the subject, so I've read up on it's history and practices, a lot of which seem to make more sense to me than many other religions out there.

I particularly like the way the religion works alongside the earth and seasons. I also like the emphaisis on finding your own path to the gods, goddesses and your own spitituality instead of having a load of rules and dogma shoved down your throat.

I used to work as a reporter for a popular Sheffield puplication (ho hum!) and I once did an interview with Patricia Crowther for what was supposed to be a light-hearted feature on the summer solstace. After the article was published I actually recieved hate male from some Christian fanatics telling me I'm going to burn in the firey flames of hell for fraternising with the children of satan!!! :roll:

Luckily I just found the threats highly amusing. On a more serious note though, I really hate the way some religious folk are so petrified of people with different religious beliefs. I have no problem with any religion, but I objects to fanatics from various sects who think they are out to save the souls of non-believers!!!!

Personally, I see no harm in believing whatever you want to believe as long as it makes you happy, enhances your life and does nothing to hinder or damage the lives of others. As the pagen saying goes...

"an it harmeth none, do what thou wilst"

Or something like that anyway! :thumbsup:

While I'm no expert on the matter, my own opinion on Witchcraft is thus ...

A tradition of methodology for developing (intrinsic personal) power (or energy) and an understanding of the workings of both yourself and the universe at large. Developing your ability to work with and direct energies to our own will, energies both within ourselves and 'out there'.

In short, connecting with energies 'out there' and shaping, directing them to your own will.

:cool: I follow the Pegan religion, grow and use herbs for medicinal purposes, live by the cycles of the moon.

Yes, I do read tarot and also own a crystal ball, would never use spells or magic in the wrong way though.

Apart from once, against a particullarly horrid ex...it worked but would never do it again.

I suppose that makes me "A Witch" but I'm not old n haggered, just kind sensitive and care lots about people and animals.

I don't believe in magic/witchcraft, full stop, but if other people want to believe in it (or anything else realy) that fine by me.

Originally posted by bigredbox

[bApart from once, against a particullarly horrid ex...it worked but would never do it again.

[/b]

What did you do to him/her?

Maybe you should all try Redclover tea, I drink no end, seems to have an anti-aging quality but thats prob just wishfull thinking.

Well it took a wax candle, some nail clippings " YUK" some of his hair and a photo of him.

Was ultra mad at time you understand! lying cheating scum bag!

Put a curse on him, then around two weeks later, I learned off one of his collegues he'd lost his job and was in hospital being treated for a rare, previously undiagnosed kidney complaint.

Not saying I had anything to do with it but at time it felt good, just feel sorry for the poor bugger now.

I have no great interest in Witchcraft , but I accept that England has a pagan past and that many beliefs and rituals have been either labelled as 'Satanism' or incorporated into Judeo-Christianity [the festivals of Yule and Eostre, for example]. I regard the practice of Wicca as generally harmless, unless vulnerable types open to trait anxieties, phobias and obsessions are indoctrinated. Then again, one could say the very same about many religions including Christianity in the case of some of its 'fundamentalist' interpretations.

Many of the medical ideas that stem from so-called pagan 'wise-women' were apropriated by the medical establishment over centuries throughout Europe. The 'witch craze', in which perfectly ' innocent' women who did not fit the stereotypes of 'decent' women in the culture of their day were labelled as 'witches' and murdered on bonfires is a shameful episode in European history. Perhaps we should remember this when ignorant oafs label Wiccans as diabolists. They are plainly nothing of the sort. Their rituals, quaint, strange and even frightening to the majority are echoes from the pre-Christian past. Remember, the worship of Odin/ Woden was the English religion before tales of Christ and Calvary reached these islands.

Let the Wiccans and other pagans practice their religions [for that is what they are] in peace. There is room for them in a humane society. Frankly, there are worse people in the major political parties, and in the major religions. Good luck to them.

We ought to remember also that christian festivals mask previous pagan festivals and churches where usually built on pre-christian sites of worship.well dressings and yesterdays horn dance( now adopted by the church) are all from our ancient past.

http://www.abbotsbromley.com/horndance.htm

Thats right.

Even the idea of tinsel etc on xmas tree's comes from ancient pegan ritual. I'm not ashamed to state I follow nature and the seasons rather than believe in something that can't be proven.

How many times do we here "if there WAS a GOD, then why would he let all this nasty stuff happen to mankind"

Big Bang theory is more of a fact than the creation of this planet by a single hand over seven days.

We all find peace in the world, in our own way and each to his/her own regarding belief. Whatever suits.

Originally posted by bigredbox

Well it took a wax candle, some nail clippings " YUK" some of his hair and a photo of him.

Was ultra mad at time you understand! lying cheating scum bag!

Put a curse on him, then around two weeks later, I learned off one of his collegues he'd lost his job and was in hospital being treated for a rare, previously undiagnosed kidney complaint.

Not saying I had anything to do with it but at time it felt good, just feel sorry for the poor bugger now.

Loving it bigredbox! :thumbsup: But how did you get your hands on his toes clippings?