School sports day photography policy

I don't want to be offensive but I'm afraid you're ignorant to the policies and procedures of child protection.

Maybe if you worked or were involved with children you'd know of them. But sadly you're just at the rank of an "armchair expert".

Unless you are certain of my credentials, please don't label me an "armchair expert"

I have worked with children, had my own children and worked closely with social services in a capacity of fostering. So I do know all about the Childrens act, the law and child protection in all it's forms.

But I'm still of the opinion that there is an unjustified amount of paranoia, and that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it! :rant:

To me policys such as these are convenient ways of confronting the issue properly.

There is a whole industry that is growing around child protection with silly ideas that inconvenience the law abiding, yet allow real abusers to carry on as they please.

Until we tackle real causes with are perhaps not PC and don't go down well with the liberal left then child abuse will never be tackled. Much of the abuse takes place in the home, and sadly often carried out by numerous partners who come in and out of the childs home.

Stoping law abiding parents from taking photos is very much being "seen to be doing something without tackling the problem", but still while we CRB check volunteers, and have child protection courses for the law abiding, someone is making a good living, and while this goes on the real child abusers carry on abusing.

Unless you are certain of my credentials, please don't label me an "armchair expert"

I have worked with children, had my own children and worked closely with social services in a capacity of fostering. So I do know all about the Childrens act, the law and child protection in all it's forms.

Then you'll know the duty of care and ECM policies are of extreme importance.

Your post:

A pervert could sit on any bench in Meadowhall all day and get his 'kicks' in there, there's hundreds of kids passing through there every day!!

reinforces my belief in your lack of knowledge, for Meadowhall will act pretty much the same way as a school does when it comes to anyone acting suspicious or taking photographs.

Then you'll know the duty of care and ECM policies are of extreme importance.

Your post:

reinforces my belief in your lack of knowledge, for Meadowhall will act pretty much the same way as a school does when it comes to anyone acting suspicious or taking photographs.

Lets say some pervy bloke had a liking for women (not using kids as an example).

Why in heavens name would he be sat in Meadowhall ogling the women? he can't satisfy his urges when sat outside River Island.

Surely the would be pervert would be better off going onto google, typing in "boobs" and cracking one off in the comfort of his own home?

Why sit in Meadowhall?

Dunno, you'd have to ask PeteMorris that, he posted about Meadowhall.

But who puts the content onto the internet in the first place? I obviously can't name the site in question which I'm trying to get blocked, but someone on there is going out and taking candid photographs to submit them onto a website for other members to masturbate on and post their "results" online, along with vile comments about the subjects.

It turns my stomach every second I know that site is there. I just with Anonymous would attack places like this instead of government web sites.

To me policys such as these are convenient ways of confronting the issue properly.

There is a whole industry that is growing around child protection with silly ideas that inconvenience the law abiding, yet allow real abusers to carry on as they please.

Until we tackle real causes with are perhaps not PC and don't go down well with the liberal left then child abuse will never be tackled. Much of the abuse takes place in the home, and sadly often carried out by numerous partners who come in and out of the childs home.

Stoping law abiding parents from taking photos is very much being "seen to be doing something without tackling the problem", but still while we CRB check volunteers, and have child protection courses for the law abiding, someone is making a good living, and while this goes on the real child abusers carry on abusing.

You have read the OP haven't you? It doesn't mention stopping parents from taking photos.

You have to be a real oddball to get a kick out of watching a woman walking around Meadowhall with shopping bags in either hand and trying to keep a 2 year old under control.

If you are there in Meadowhall to get a sexual kick, you could just go to a mag shop, get a copy of jugs and do the deed in under 5 minutes. Why bother sitting outside M&S all day watching women walking past carrying shopping?

I wish people would stop reverting back to paedos. Although the rule will prevent this it is not the main reason it is put in place. The rule is to protect children from people who know them and could harm them or the people they live with either through violence or kidnapping, etc. I know every person I have on my facebook page but you never really know what someone does behind closed doors. A lot of the people I am fb friends with, I went to school with but don't have much contact with except through facebook so don't really know very much about their personal life and as they are spread across Sheffield/England (some are even abroad) I don't know if a child in my sons school is being kept away from them. Children's safety is the most important thing and if that causes a bit of hassle to a few people then I don't care as I would rather say I have done everything I can to protect a child.

You have to be a real oddball to get a kick out of watching a woman walking around Meadowhall with shopping bags in either hand and trying to keep a 2 year old under control.

If you are there in Meadowhall to get a sexual kick, you could just go to a mag shop, get a copy of jugs and do the deed in under 5 minutes. Why bother sitting outside M&S all day watching women walking past carrying shopping?

That's the point - people who get off on this stuff are not normal and normal stuff doesn't do it for them, and probably isn't available in a magazine.

Just Google "candid photos legs" and look at the first link - nothing illegal there, but its aimed at providing relief for somebody. What other purpose could it serve?

Now take that site and go a step further. Replace those adults with girls walking home from school.

Classic over hype. I remember Brass Eye on TV giving a good example of this hysteria.

Firstly if they wanted to take photos of kids to get their rocks off they wouldnt go to facebook.

Secondly kids avoiding kidnap. Get real these people dont live in a vacuum where they rely on the internet to locate kids. If the internet wasnt there they would use other means.

Thirdly they cant post it on facebook yet the parents can email the pics to dozens of their friends who themselves might post the pic on facebook. Its unenforceable.

The school should stop being paranoid and making up stupid rules that dont work.

Oh and I've just googled sports day in google images and got 882,000,000 results. Why do peados need facebook when they have google.

Edited by woodmally
adding facts

At my childrens primary school they do ask of school productions that photo's are not shared on Facebook etc and I can understand the schools concerns to a degree.

I have taken photo's and posted them on FB but have always checked with the parents first most are happy for me to display them, if they say no or don't reply to my messages I dont display photo's that might include there child.

mumsy

Copyright gets very very complecated .

Until one of these agreements is dealt with in court then it hasnt been tested and its not known how the court will decided. As stated above alot of the "data protection" issues dont exist they are the schools blaming them for it

One of the main reasons schools do this is to protect the child from its own parent where they are split and the other doesnt know where the child is

Edited by bus man