Agencies/landlords that don't do a credit check

as said in my post proof of who you are and ability to pay that i provide,

but i dont accept credit checks on me, my choice and quite afew other i know tenants dont have this done,

A tenant verification check will prove who you are and will perform a affordability check. Unbeknown to some tenants the information required will also be enough to perform a credit check although the tenant will not realise they are having one done.

Credit check or tenant verification check, they are the same.

A tenant verification check will prove who you are and will perform a affordability check. Unbeknown to some tenants the information required will also be enough to perform a credit check although the tenant will not realise they are having one done.

Credit check or tenant verification check, they are the same.

But the question is whether T is paying for one to be done.

Then again if push comes to shove it'd be easier for them to sell an empty property than to sell one with a non paying existing tennant...

true, but profit would probably be less,

but then again, would'nt they have been sold in the first place, if it was more viable,

prices have dropped alot over the years and alot would make a loss selling,

but hey. go sell

hi mate fortunately for some my landlord does not do credit check's but require's a bond and a month's rent up front.he has shared house's,flats and house's to let.he's alright.

i dont mind bonds or advance rent,

I have just paid £500 advance rent and bond ( £1000 ) thats acceptable to me,

i just dont like people doing checks on my credit history,

when it has nothing to do with them,

they say its proof of who you are, but if you give them false info, then the return info they get may show you as a good credit risk,

As a landlord myself, my feeling is a bad credit rating doesn't mean you won't pay the rent. There are many people that have fallen on hard times in their life me included and yet still paid their rent to keep the roof over their heads. Most people realise that if the rent isn't paid they will be thrown out or even the property reposessed and thrown out that way. I go on gut feeling and usually not far wrong. A good idea is to offer a few months rent but above all be honest and upfront about your situation.I'd much rather know the full story at the start than find out lies later.

Maybe if like the OP he is being honest about it and he has now taught himself a lesson, although if you was to get a ccj and no one could find out about it then is there any point in being given one?

After all you could be an individual that has a string of bad debts and could not care less about your victims. If people cannot find out about such a person then how can potential victims protect themselves?

I would listen and also go on gut feelings but also still do a credit check just to make sure they are not trying to pull the wool over my eyes. There are con merchants out there and they are on both sides of the counter. Like I have said in my previous posts, I expect the prospective tenant to pay up front and if they are honest the report will not show 'any thing else' up. If they clear the tenant verification report and move in then I reimburse the cost. If they have lied then they waste their money not mine.

agreed, there are bad on both sides aswell as good,

i just dont like the idea of people checking up on me,

i took my passport,drivers licence and bank statement also had letter from previous landlord that explained why he wanted the property back, i had been there 12 years, he is well known as a good landlord,

so for me that was enough for my new landlord, i dont intend to stay this long with this landlord, but have said i expect to be here for about 3 - 5 years, then i will see where to go from there, if to stay or go council as we are just hitting our 50 yr marker now,

I feel the same when you apply for something online and they want your date of birth, email address, phone numbers etc. Usually it is a case of do as we say or you don't get what you want!

If it is not that important I don't bother going ahead because they are wanting information what has nothing to do with my application.