Advice regarding giant rabbit

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice, I'm wanting to adopt a giant rabbit and she is giant too, she was found in a box dumped in a field in a terrible state.

I had anrabbitbof this kind when I was a child (12) and they are amazing animals. I have small children but she would be my pet and would have so much love here, however as you can imagine finding a hutch for a rabbit of this kind is not easy so I'm looking for advice on what sort if house would be suitable for her, I don't want to just say yes I can have her and then find out I do not have adequate housing for her.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Your options, are, i think, getting one specially built, by ringing round nice joiner types, or converting a garden shed, good luck, and good on you for helping this little, (or big!) one. xxx

Yes you need something large shed sized for one of those things, at least 6x6ft.

Is this bunny in a safe place now? and has the vet seen him/her? for a check over ,

RWA say 6ft by 2ft by 2 ft is the right size for a hutch but big buns need lots of space to run , do you have a shed you could convert for the bunny to live in ?

we converted a childs wooden playhouse, worked really well as materials were all child safe therefore no sharp edges etc, then built and attached a run as tall as door about four feet high and as wide as the house, was cheaper than a converting a shed. We put a small doorless hutch inside which worked as a sleeping compartment and was off the floor to avoid draughts

I have French lops they take up quite alot of room , so you do need a large space for exercise and living , mine have a large hutch for night time use and are free range during the day.

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately by the time I went someone had already taken her. Also just to let you know the bunny was with pets at home in crystal peaks so she was safe and checked

Is this bunny in a safe place now? and has the vet seen him/her? for a check over ,

RWA say 6ft by 2ft by 2 ft is the right size for a hutch but big buns need lots of space to run , do you have a shed you could convert for the bunny to live in ?

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately by the time I went someone had already taken her. Also just to let you know the bunny was with pets at home in crystal peaks so she was safe and checked

AH I saw it there! Big brown thing, I said to my wife, "look it's laying down eating, you two related?". We looked at the guinea pigs for a couple of minutes then went outside for a half pound burger!

Pets at Home don't "check" when I adopted a bunny in May from their adoption "tanks" all I was asked was will she be indoors or out. I dread to think some of the things that happen to those bunnies, and can't even begin to imagine some of the people who unwittingly take on such a responsibility and don't actually understand their needs. I have 7 of my own, indoors, very clean, very very loved, and very healthy. Best I can do is hope and pray the ones taht are adopted, or even bought there go to decent homes, so many get dumped soon after, and or abused/ignored.

Pets at Home don't "check" when I adopted a bunny in May from their adoption "tanks" all I was asked was will she be indoors or out. I dread to think some of the things that happen to those bunnies, and can't even begin to imagine some of the people who unwittingly take on such a responsibility and don't actually understand their needs. I have 7 of my own, indoors, very clean, very very loved, and very healthy. Best I can do is hope and pray the ones taht are adopted, or even bought there go to decent homes, so many get dumped soon after, and or abused/ignored.

I agree.

My kids were really going nuts over it, I worked out in my minds eye how I'd have to adjust what little space we have, to home such a thing.

I told them to move along.

A friend of mine in York actually had his home extended to fit his mutant size bunny pet.

im just in the process of buying a house and the focus was on where my rabbits would live as they are indoors.

the estate agents couldnt believe we were looking at the spare rooms to see if they would be big enough for them. looking round and saying 'oh no this isnt big enough' etc etc, they were looking at us gone out!!

We have same looks when viewing cars - we take our daft dobe everywhere we can so its only right she can be comfy in the car

I was looking on preloved the other night, tormenting myself at the pets for sale and there was an iguana 'doesnt come with viv as it has free run of the house'.

I ish we had a spare room for our bunny (or maybe even a giant green lizard!)