What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Google "cannabis oil cancer" or "cannabis oil epilepsy" and then click "news" and there you will see the overwhelming evidence.

No you should be using Google Scholar not Google News.

As I said; maybe not for you, but for those that are looking into the subject and need wider information, it adds a lot. I came across this thread as I was looking into wider issues and I hope my posts will help others like posts by others (with wisdom and common sense) did me :)

This isn't a "provide general information about cannabis" thread. It has a title.

This isn't a "provide general information about cannabis" thread. It has a title.

General information about cannabis haha.. Silly! As the legality around the world changes it opens doors for research.. I think you will find it's completely relevant!

I am sure I have said this to you before; maybe there is no relation for you, but for those that do need cannabis, or to cultivate it for medicinal reasons; it has a lot to do with it :)

I do fall into 2 of the groups who are touted by many to get good benefits from the use of cannabis. Can you point me at some decent peer reviewed research articles about the effective doses and precisely what it does please?

No, it has no bearing on the topic of whether Cannabis cures cancer. It isn't evidence either way and adds nothing to this discussion.

Well if cannabis makes you think you can fly and you try it from a very tall building it will have cured your cancer.

Well if cannabis makes you think you can fly and you try it from a very tall building it will have cured your cancer.

It doesn't so your point is utterly facile.

It doesn't so your point is utterly facile.

What's up didn't it make you fly? Maybe in your case swim over a waterfall.

You're ignorant! Don't you get that for some people this really is a matter of life and death. If you have cancer and you're told there is no further prescribed treatment to treat you, you will try anything to save your life and spare your loved ones the hurt and pain of a death.

If some people around the world claim it helped them, whether with the physical pain cancer brings or with actually have some positive effect on the cancer why should they not try this?

You should take a step back and think about what you would do if you were told you're dying and there is no further medical treatment available.. I am sure you would want to spare yourself and also your loved ones!

General information about cannabis haha.. Silly! As the legality around the world changes it opens doors for research.. I think you will find it's completely relevant!

No it doesn't. The legality of a substance doesn't stop it being used in legitimate research or for medical uses. So partially decriminalising it makes absolutely no difference to the research situation.

I know you're probably a bit annoyed after being outed as a racist idiot, but why complicate matters further by behaving like a total jeb end on this thread too?

Do you have a link to published scientific peer reviewed papers?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16804518?dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22555283?dopt=Abstract

So far it's mainly just animal studies showing positive effects, it can still be too bureaucratic to research it on human cancer patients, although there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that it can help.

http://www.leafscience.com/2013/11/08/cancer-researchers-verge-human-trials-cannabis/

On the verge of human trials.

It takes a long time to get new drugs approved, the process is quite long, and for good reason.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 08:22 ----------

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/11/14/first-ever-human-trials-to-be-conducted-using-cannabis-to-treat-brain-cancer/

This one is presumably under way since that report was from 2013.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 08:28 ----------

Unverified anecdotes about ‘cures’ do little to help progress towards more effective treatments for patients on a wider scale – even if they do get published in newspapers, they aren’t strong scientific evidence. In order to build a solid evidence base that might support future applications for funding or clinical trials it’s important to gather together detailed information about individual cases.

A handful of other clinical trials of cannabinoids are currently being set up. We are helping to support the only two UK trials of cannabinoids for treating cancer, through our Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC) Network funded by Cancer Research UK and the devolved Departments of Health. One early-stage trial is testing a synthetic cannabinoid called dexanabinol in patients with advanced cancer, and the other is an early-stage trial testing a cannabis extract called Sativex for treating people with glioblastoma multiforme brain tumours.

From

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/