What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Oatez, you're arguing with people who broadly support better drug regulation, i.e. legalisation or decrim.

When you use terms like "antidotal", you don't do your credibility any favours. For the record, I've advocated the legalisation of all drugs for some years, 12 on this forum, and it will happen eventually.

But as far as curing cancer and it all being a big conspiracy, you're wrong. Simply because nothing is that simple.

Yes, cannabinoids seem to have remarkable anti-cancer properties, and that is being actively researched in a lot of places. You need the research to cure the cancers. People dosing themselves will save lives, but without research many will be lost as well, through ignorance of the most effective routes and methods of administration, frequency, dose etc.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 21:34 ----------

I don't see why, other "street drugs" are used in medicine like Heroin, Ketamine and Cocaine.

Other street drugs aren't class B schedule I. (no medical usage)

Other street drugs aren't class B schedule I. (no medical usage)

So would Cannabis have to be changed in class if it was used medicinally?

So would Cannabis have to be changed in class if it was used medicinally?

Nope.

Class only relates to penalties, and is allegedly based on harm, Class A being the most harmful, Class C the least. Penalties escalate according to class.

Schedules govern how clinicians may (or may not) use drugs, including drugs that are illegal on the street.

Nope.

Class only relates to penalties, and is allegedly based on harm, Class A being the most harmful, Class C the least. Penalties escalate according to class.

Schedules govern how clinicians may (or may not) use drugs, including drugs that are illegal on the street.

I didn't think that they'd need to change class.

I made my point about other street drugs being used in medicine in the context of asking why is it difficult to gain permission to research cannabis for any beneficial effects it may have.

You can't research cannabis easily to discover its medicinal properties, because it has no medicinal properties.

Of course, if you're a certain British, single product, pharmaceutical company, based at Porton Down, you can grow all the weed you want, and 'create' a medical product out of it. And then sell it for movie star prices, and trouser the cash whilst ensuring no doctor can prescribe it here.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it decidedly odd.

So if I claim that Apples cure cancer

If you have people willing to come forward who had cancer but its gone after eating lots of apples without any other change in their diet then yes.

The cannabis debate suffers from a kind of trolling because some hate the drug, for whatever reason.

People making that claim wouldn't and shouldn't be considered to be any kind of proof.

Some people survive cancer, and of course the ones who don't aren't around to tell you that their apple diet didn't work.

People making that claim wouldn't and shouldn't be considered to be any kind of proof.

Some people survive cancer, and of course the ones who don't aren't around to tell you that their apple diet didn't work.

How do you know they were eating apples? You're making thinks up, unless you have some proof.

So if I claim that Apples cure cancer, you have no proof that they don't...

It's actually a crime in the UK to make misleading claims about the power of something to cure cancer.

Somebody should tell the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-36536/Apples-fight-heart-disease-cancer-strokes.html

Edited by anywebsite

Looks like Australia will lead in the trials;

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-27/nation-first-cannabis-study-announced-at-newcastle-hospital/6650832

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 00:02 ----------

You can't research cannabis easily to discover its medicinal properties, because it has no medicinal properties.

Of course, if you're a certain British, single product, pharmaceutical company, based at Porton Down, you can grow all the weed you want, and 'create' a medical product out of it. And then sell it for movie star prices, and trouser the cash whilst ensuring no doctor can prescribe it here.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it decidedly odd.

Weird isn't it.. Also the NHS also prescribe Nabilone, which is a man made drug developed from cannabis (marijuana). It is licensed for treating severe sickness from chemotherapy that is not controlled by other anti sickness drugs. It works very well for some people, but can cause drowsiness or dizziness in others. This can last for a couple of days after you've stopped taking it.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-physically/sickness/treatment/types-of-anti-sickness-drugs

Remember though people, cannabis is a schedule 1 drug, with NO clinical value!

Watched a YouTube video recently about this , thanks to a Forum link . I'm not a user myself , always been put off by the illegality aspect , but this video opened my eyes somewhat !

Cannabis , in some form or another , used to be widely used for self medication and was a staple part of the doctor's bag of medicines .

It was used for labour pains , asthma , rheumatism , and was also given to "cranky babies". Apparently Queen Victoria used it for period pains .....

Having watched most of this video , have become concerned about the use of the law to make this herb very illegal .

In 1937 , a US Federal Law was passed making cannabinoids illegal , but THIS WAS OPPOSED BY THE US MEDICAL ASSOCIATION of the day .....

This was around the same time that the new , profit-driven , assembly-line "Big Pharma" companies were getting started .... Hmmmmm

Doctors in 2012 still don't have a "golden bullet" to relieve pain , Sativex is a cannabinoid released onto the market around 2005 - it seems to me that the powers that be want to stop people growing their own on a tiny scale but are happy for "big Pharma" to start selling it !!!

To answer the question, it doesn't. And if it did, you still would not grow your own and smoke it, you would get it as part of your treatment on the NHS.

To answer the question, it doesn't. And if it did, you still would not grow your own and smoke it, you would get it as part of your treatment on the NHS.

Open your eyes to the overwhelming research out there.. Cannabis was illegal around the world, but the tide is turning in other counties opening it up for research to be undertaken..

Below is a link to a BBC news article which discusses CURRENT cannabinoid use in treating cancer, including current research and several people who took the treatment, including their outcomes.

Interesting isn't it.. Soon it will be a pet of your treatment and if you know anyone who has cancer before them, you must spread the word!