What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

A new scientific paper on how it might work... http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/study-sheds-light-cannabis-antitumor-properties-work

It has become increasingly evident over the years that certain compounds present in cannabis may have antitumor properties against certain types of cancer - at least in in vitro models. However, little was known about the cellular signaling systems involved in mediating these apparent effects. In a recently published mouse study, researchers from the University of East Anglia have identified previously unknown signaling platforms that mediate the anticancer effects of THC, the main psychoactive ingredient of cannabis. The study has been published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry.

What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Even if it did not... Booze starts more fights and problems ... Ban booze! Promote Cannabis.

The evidence continues to trickle in - http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/early/2014/11/12/1535-7163.MCT-14-0402.abstract - Cannabis + Radiotherapy success in mice.

High-grade glioma is one of the most aggressive cancers in adult humans and long-term survival rates are very low as standard treatments for glioma remain largely unsuccessful. Cannabinoids have been shown to specifically inhibit glioma growth as well as neutralize oncogenic processes such as angiogenesis. In an attempt to improve treatment outcome, we have investigated the effect of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) both alone and in combination with radiotherapy in a number of glioma cell lines (T98G, U87MG, and GL261).… Taken together, our data highlight the possibility that these cannabinoids can prime glioma cells to respond better to ionizing radiation, and suggest a potential clinical benefit for glioma patients by using these two treatment modalities.

the practices of some big pharma is disgusting full stop. Buying up small enterprising copanes who strive to push forward the boundaries of medicine, just to shelve their potential cures in favour of putting out their own preventative medicines, makes me sick! I don't believe cannabi should be legal in this country as have witnessed some pretty horrific side effects! But surely if the active chemicals in cannabi exist they can be obtained without the high, i doubt many people would be campaigning for legal weed if it was all thc friendly tho! I know life should be our own to live, but in the case of weed i think the negatives far outweigh the pro's especially in the hands of teenagers, seeing the mental health issues it caused in a family friend i pray my son doesn't start till he's in his 20 as a minimum, hopefully never at all. Just my opinion.

Edited by AlquarUK

There's been some more encouraging news and success stories come out recently.

'Those treated with both radiation and the cannabinoids saw the most beneficial results and a drastic reduction in size."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2837774/How-CANNABIS-treat-cancer-Study-finds-compound-plant-help-shrink-brain-aggressive-brain-tumours.html#ixzz3K5ziq8Fc

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jo Mathews testimony

http://cannabis-cancer-info.org/2014/11/20/mama-jos-testimonial-nov-14/

Hi Everyone.

After hours and hours of desperate research into finding a cure for Cancer i came across a video on You Tube

I understand this is illegal in the U.K but if it really does cure Cancer why can't it be legalized?

If you was diagnosed with Stage 3b Terminal Cancer would you take the risk and try it in hope of been cured? Even if you was been treated on the NHS with Chemotherapy?

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 23:11 ----------

No, take one guess why :rolleyes:. It really bothers me when people say cannabis cures cancer. It's just as bad as the governments propaganda saying it will kill you or send you daft :loopy:.

The people promoting this video should do their own research first before coming to conclusions on whether or not cannabis cures cancer. Plenty of research has been done and it's been shown to help fight agaiinst and even help prevent cancer but it is not a cure.

Please watch this video and see if it changes your views?

The biggest and most harmful risk, or side effect, from experimenting on yourself with cannabis would be a criminal record, a fine and/or a prison sentence, seizure of your assets, etc.

The substance itself won't do you much harm. It will stimulate your appetite (probably) and reduce nausea, as well as help you cope with pain. These are all medically and scientifically verified effects, of the right cannabis preparation. There's good research on medicinal cannabis, and lots of anecdotal reporting too, but its effects on cancer are currently unproven.

Why is it still illegal? You need to ask David Cameron, who has changed his tune since 2002 when he agreed that the legalisation of cannabis should be considered. He's PM now, and thinks that prohibition works for the simple reason that it's still considered electoral suicide to be "soft on drugs", even when a poll conducted by The Stun! showed that 70% of Brits favour drug legalisation.

If you was diagnosed with Stage 3b Terminal Cancer would you take the risk and try it in hope of been cured? Even if you was been treated on the NHS with Chemotherapy?

Even if not cured, as a pain relief, absolutely.

The biggest and most harmful risk, or side effect, from experimenting on yourself with cannabis would be a criminal record, a fine and/or a prison sentence, seizure of your assets, etc.

Precisely, and why the law is inconsistent and illogical.

The substance itself won't do you much harm. It will stimulate your appetite (probably) and reduce nausea, as well as help you cope with pain. These are all medically and scientifically verified effects, of the right cannabis preparation. There's good research on medicinal cannabis, and lots of anecdotal reporting too, but its effects on cancer are currently unproven.

Why is it still illegal? You need to ask David Cameron, who has changed his tune since 2002 when he agreed that the legalisation of cannabis should be considered. He's PM now, and thinks that prohibition works for the simple reason that it's still considered electoral suicide to be "soft on drugs", even when a poll conducted by The Stun! showed that 70% of Brits favour drug legalisation.

Bold: Exactly. That sums everything up really.

Edited by *_ash_*

US government has officially recognised the fact now, party due to research in the UK repeating a covered up experiment from the 70s on cannabis curing serious brain tumours in mice.

When will the UK government wake up?

The US government may be starting to officially recognize medicinal benefits of marijuana, as a government-funded research group has released a report claiming that weed can kill cancer cells.

The Daily Caller reported the National Institute on Drug Abuse has issued a report that recognizes potential medical benefits of marijuana, something the US government has rejected in its classification of pot as a Schedule I drug – along with heroin, LSD and ecstasy.

“Recent animal studies have shown that marijuana can kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others,” the NIDA report said. “Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumours. Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/marijuana-can-kill-cancer-cells-says-us-governmentfunded-research-10166406.html

Heroin is a class A (UK) drug, but that doesn't alter the medical uses under a different name...