What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Good one, thanks.

Some of the claims are only based on preliminary animal studies & using specific chemicals found in cannabis, but still, it's a promising looking medicine. Hopefully more research can be done to develop different medicines from cannabis that are useful for a lot of different problems, including cancers. Hopefully it'll lose it's baseless 'harmful' stigma & legal status too.

Edited by anywebsite

Steve Kubby is an interesting story... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kubby

"And just so there is no question about this, let me be clear: Whole cannabis is not only the best medicine for me, it is the only medicine that has kept me alive during the 32 years that I have continued to live, in relatively good heath, despite a terminal diagnosis of malignant pheochromocytoma."
Edited by anywebsite

I can't confirm this story is true, but if it is.......Wow !

It is true. There are many cases of otherwise untreatable epilepsy being successfully treated by 'Charlotte's web' a strain that contains virtually no THC.

Google cannabis and epilepsy, realm of caring, Charlotte's web. There's loads to see. Its very exciting. The problem is the stupid laws that stand in the way of kids in most places getting it.

Also look up cannabis for autism, cannabis for MS, for Parkinson's, Alzheimer's. The list goes on and on. No wonder really the big drug companies are reluctant to admit the answer to so many ailments was growing right under our noses until prohibition.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 09:55 ----------

Steve Kubby is an interesting story... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kubby

From the link "Kubby claimed to control the symptoms of his disease solely by smoking medical marijuana and by maintaining a healthy diet."

In most if not all the success stories people choose a diet of healthy organic foods, often that alone works wonders.

One that gripped me and one i think that should be heard far and wide was the story of Corrie Yelland.

http://illegallyhealed.com/corrie-yelland/

"Discover the story of Corrie Yelland and her journey with Cannabis Extract Therapy. Learn what Corrie is now, living CANCER FREE after refusing radiation from her doctors.

During this Podcast Corrie talks to Kevin Quinn about her ongoing treatment and the current state of cannabis in Canada and the USA."

She's an amazing lady that has since become a tireless campaigner to help others that need it.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 10:15 ----------

What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Would be great!. What if it don't? No worse than booze and tobacco. Spliff away.

That's a fair point, one thing you can't argue with is, cannabis is less harmful than radiation and chemotherapy and costs very little to produce.

Edited by vResistance

listen to the Tommy Chong pot cast....he has beaten prostate cancer with a combination of cannabis use and a special diet. He now says he is 99% free of the disease after a Canadian doctor helped him change his diet to include a variety of special supplements, as well as hemp oil.

This came up on my Facebook news feed

http://www.theargus.co.uk/archive/2014/07/11/11334581.___Cannabis_saved_me_from_cancer___/

" cancer sufferer given just months to live claims he is now free of the disease after taking cannabis oil.

The Argus:

Mike Cutler says cannabis oil cured his liver cancer after being given just three months to live

Mike Cutler, 63, said he was “sent home to die with a suitcase full of morphine” after being diagnosed with chronic liver cancer in 2009.

Despite being given a liver transplant, the cancer attacked his new organ and doctors told him he had just three months to live.

He said: “In a point of clarity I thought, ‘hang on a minute’, there’s got be something out there.

“I found a guy called Rick Simpson who cured his own cancer with cannabis oil.”

Mr Cutler said he stopped taking morphine within three days of taking the oil. He said he takes one capsule per day and shocked doctors when a biopsy of his liver showed the cancer had gone.

He is now campaigning for changes in the law to allow cannabis to be legalised for treatment."

I know a lady in Australia desperate to try the oil for her son that suffers from uncontrollable epilepsy. How frustrating it must be to have to risk going to prison just for trying to ease the suffering of a loved one. It makes me so mad.

Oh, and it's pretty good for cancer, so far as anyone can tell. And bizarrely spliff smokers have a lower incidence of COPD than normal tobacco smokers, given similar rates of tobacco consumption.

That's before you get on to the prophylactic neurological benefits.

Is this crap a product of self brain washing or just a fried brain ?

"Dr Peter McCormick, from the University of East Anglia’s (UEA) school of pharmacy, said THC’s anti-cancer properties have been known for some time but the study had identified the receptors responsible for fighting tumours."

(Why so quiet about it then? Why suppress the information?

"it is hoped that the findings could help develop a synthetic equivalent with anti-cancer properties."

(Why not just use the damn plant? Oh yes you can make lots of money from a synthetic version.)

"Cancer patients should not use cannabis to self-medicate, but I hope that our research will lead to a safe synthetic equivalent being available in the future.”

(..Yes, like cancer sufferers can just wait around another five years while you reinvent the wheel.)

Quotes from-

http://mobile.news.com.au/technology/science/cannabis-could-cut-tumour-growth/story-fn5fsgyc-1226989066013

Self medication would be a major problem for the big pharmaceutical companies. Cannabis would need to be legal and controlled by them.

It's all about money. Sad but true. The 1% want their cut.

A peer reviewed paper on 'Cannabis curing cancer' ?

No, take one guess why :rolleyes:. It really bothers me when people say cannabis cures cancer. It's just as bad as the governments propaganda saying it will kill you or send you daft :loopy:.

The people promoting this video should do their own research first before coming to conclusions on whether or not cannabis cures cancer. Plenty of research has been done and it's been shown to help fight agaiinst and even help prevent cancer but it is not a cure.

Edited by JarvisS8

No, take one guess why :rolleyes:. It really bothers me when people say cannabis cures cancer. It's just as bad as the governments propaganda saying it will kill you or send you daft :loopy:.

The people promoting this video should do their own research first before coming to conclusions on whether or not cannabis cures cancer. Plenty of research has been done and it's been shown to help fight agaiinst and even help prevent cancer but it is not a cure.

Try telling that to the people that have used it to cure their cancer.Doesn't work for everybody though.

In most cases people use cannabis as a last resort, when they've been told there is nothing else to try, when their immune systems have been damaged by chemotherapy and radiation. If cannabis was offered as an early, even preventative treatment it would likely be far more effective.

The post you quoted was from two years ago, plenty of peer reviewed research here: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4