HTC Sensation Root - S Off

CyanogenMod 9.

That's at release candidate 1 status - not sure how stable I'd consider that. WalkleyLad might want to wait for a final release of 9.0.

That's at release candidate 1 status - not sure how stable I'd consider that. WalkleyLad might want to wait for a final release of 9.0.

It's the most stable custom rom there is, most of the others just copy CyanogenMod or a stock rom. Some hacked up copy of an old version of CyanogenMod wont be as stable as the latest version, no matter what they call it. A release candidate is what it's name suggests, a candidate for release, if no big bugs are found it may become the 'stable' without any changes - it's just a naming/version scheme.

Edited by anywebsite

Also has anyone got any recommendations for a decent, stable Rom?

I was thinking about flashing the XE firmware for the overclock and beats software.

thanks.

Yes go for this one, i had this on my sensation and it ran spot on. The Sensation has the same chipset as the XE just underclocked and of course the beats audio is spot on

here you go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14191938&postcount=1

It's the most stable custom rom there is, most of the others just copy CyanogenMod or a stock rom. Some hacked up copy of an old version of CyanogenMod wont be as stable as the latest version, no matter what they call it.

I didn't suggest using a different one.

A release candidate is what it's name suggests, a candidate for release, if no big bugs are found it may become the 'stable' without any changes - it's just a naming/version scheme.

I know what a release candidate is and I can't remember seeing any software were the first release candidate was the final release. I was just drawing WalkleyLad's attention to it's current status as he did specifically ask for a "stable rom".

They have an issue list here, so you can see what bugs have been found... https://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list apparently wifi tethering doesn't work yet on the sensation (Pyramid on CM) & it looks like that's about the only problem left to fix for that device. It should be stable for that phone, by any normal Android custom rom's definition, despite the name.

Lots of open source software goes from rc1 to stable without any changes.

Edited by anywebsite

They have an issue list here, so you can see what bugs have been found... https://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list apparently wifi tethering doesn't work yet on the sensation (Pyramid on CM) & it looks like that's about the only problem left to fix for that device. It should be stable for that phone, by any normal Android custom rom's definition, despite the name.

Lots of open source software goes from rc1 to stable without any changes.

But not CyanogenMod it seems.

Anyway, WalkleyLad now has some information to help him decide whether he wants to install the release candidate version or wait for the final release.

Yes go for this one, i had this on my sensation and it ran spot on. The Sensation has the same chipset as the XE just underclocked and of course the beats audio is spot on

here you go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14191938&postcount=1

Thanks for that, decided to go with this one.

Phone seems a lot quicker now than it did before. :D

Edited by WalkeyLad

Thanks for that, decided to go with this one.

Phone seems a lot quicker now than it died before. :D

Glad you like it, all the information you need wil be found on the xda website