HTC Sensation Root - S Off

Hi,

Does anyone know of an easier way to gain root access to the HTC Sensation?

Or an easier way to achieve S Off? i have looked on XDA but they all involve a wire trick. Is there another way round it?

Thanks.

Yes, of course... http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Sensation:_Full_Update_Guide

Make sure you read it all carefully & the docs on the revolutionary.io site too.

I have already tried this method, but the problem is im on ICS so my HBoot is different to the ones listed. I have managed to unlock the bootloader and root the phone, is there any need to s off?

Did you try it multiple times as suggested?

Offtopic - anywebsite, how involved are you with CM?

Did you try it multiple times as suggested?

Offtopic - anywebsite, how involved are you with CM?

I'm not very involved with it at all. I helped a bit with a few little things on the ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco port.

I have already tried this method, but the problem is im on ICS so my HBoot is different to the ones listed. I have managed to unlock the bootloader and root the phone, is there any need to s off?

I don't have a HTC phone, just done it once on my mum's HTC Desire. I know more about Samsung & ZTE. As far as I understand, you need to s-off to be able to install a custom rom & get a permanent root, otherwise it checks for HTC's signature on each update & wont let you write to the system partition. I'm not sure what you mean by unlocking the bootloader & rooting it without having s-off, how have you done that? If you get s-off then it should give you control over android, you can do things like blocking adverts with a hosts file, remove pre-installed apps, or install a custom rom like CyanogenMod.

Edited by anywebsite

I have supersu on my htc one x does that mean that it is rooted?

Also i want to put stock ics on there as i dont like the sense overlay how would i do this?

I'm not very involved with it at all. I helped a bit with a few little things on the ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco port.

I don't have a HTC phone, just done it once on my mum's HTC Desire. I know more about Samsung & ZTE. As far as I understand, you need to s-off to be able to install a custom rom & get a permanent root, otherwise it checks for HTC's signature on each update & wont let you write to the system partition. I'm not sure what you mean by unlocking the bootloader & rooting it without having s-off, how have you done that? If you get s-off then it should give you control over android, you can do things like blocking adverts with a hosts file, remove pre-installed apps, or install a custom rom like CyanogenMod.

I followed this guide i found on the internet,

http://androidadvices.com/root-htc-sensation-latest-official-ics-firmware/2/

I have unlocked the bootloader, and rooted the phone.

Im sure its routed because it allowed me to flash ClockworkMod Recovery using rom manager. Just wondering if i need to s off for a custom rom, or can i do it without,now that i have unlocked the bootloader and have root access.

Edited by WalkeyLad

No you dont need S-OFF i have a HTC One X which is rooted and running custom rom, all i had to do is unlock the bootloader with HTC DEV and thats it just upload the boot.img then into clockwork mod recovery and flash away

No you dont need S-OFF i have a HTC One X which is rooted and running custom rom, all i had to do is unlock the bootloader with HTC DEV and thats it just upload the boot.img then into clockwork mod recovery and flash away

Thanks for that.

All sorted now anyway, S - OFF successfully done with the wire trick. :D

Thanks for your help.

Also has anyone got any recommendations for a decent, stable Rom?

I was thinking about flashing the XE firmware for the overclock and beats software.

thanks.