Doctors in Hillsborough

I use Tramways (left side as you look at it). Doctors are good and the receptionists are always polite (especially the man) but you have to phone at exactly 8.20 am for a chance of an appointment that day and booking in advance is uncessasarily complicated.

The most annoying thing though is that they still use an 08 number (which they shouldn't do any more) so you have to ring from a landline as the answerphone means that even if you don't get through the charges are extremely high.

That is changing from the first of August to an 0114 number!

I use the Dr Milner/Poyser clinic at Tramways and apart from the mad phone scramble and a few niggles with the reception they are quite good. Dr Hakes there, in particular is very good because he doesn't patronize you and tells you what he is treating you with and why, treats you with a bit of intelligence. You could do a lot worse than them.

Dykes Hall for definite.

We used to go to Fairways which is part of the Poysner partnership but we changed from them due to a very unpleasant incident about 2 years and vowed never to go back. Always had my doubts with them but after a certain something happened and the way we were treated about it that was it.

Dykes Hall reception staff are lovely which you don't usually get with other doctors surgeries and thats half the battle sometimes!!!

i use the right hand side doctors at tramways (dr morely et al.) and never had a problem with either getting an appointment or level of care

I didn't like tramways at all, the doctors are great but the receptionists are rude an unhelpful, the appointments are so difficult to get, every time we turned up for an appointment we were waiting for anything from 30 minutes to an hour...i just didn't find it nice at all...Dykeshall are brilliant though.

What turns ordinary ladies into tyrants when they become Doctors receptionists?

im at tramways ( the one on the right) and i think there brilliant especially with kids. Dr Thake is the best doctor.

I'm at Tramways 54, the one on the left. I think the one on the right is 54A?

Anyway, just registered there a few weeks ago.

Phoned at 0820 and got an appointment right away and then booked in for three weeks for a general new patient medical with no trouble.

I suppose it does depend on if you can get an appointment. Although I suppose if it's a serious illness then there's always teh Sheffield walk-in or the hospital.

I do like Tramways though, everyone i've spoken to has been really welcoming. :thumbsup:

That is changing from the first of August to an 0114 number!

How refreshing, FAR LANE TAKE NOTE please.

I am currently at Far Lane Medical Centre and although the doctors there are very nice getting an appointment is a nightmare.

Yes agree, so let's waste money on non geographical phone numbers trying to get in on the 8.30 lottery.

im at tramways ( the one on the right) and i think there brilliant especially with kids. Dr Thake is the best doctor.

Ditto. Never had a problem with them, though I've only needed to see a doctor once in the last 6 years!

That was Dr Thake - he was great but maybe we shouldn't tell people or they'll all want to see him :D

Yeah, he used to be at my one (on the left) he was nice too but I did have an experience with him once where he had to tell me off for drinking too many units but he was blatantly hung over himself and really sheepish. It was sooo funny. Really good doc though.

Another vote for Dykes Hall M/C.

Ring at 8.30 ish and I've always been seen the same day.

Fingers crossed they never change their system :)