Angelfire1 in the guardian?

The woman wot writ the article for the Grauniad is Marina Lewycka. She is quite a famous successful author from Sheffield and wrote 2 Caravans, a Short History of Tractors in Ukranian. She is from Sheffield and was a lecturer at Sheffield Hallam till March this year.

I bet the journalist who wrote this has never been further north than Hampstead!

How much are you betting?

Typical shoddy journalism from the Guardian - take one post from the millions on this forum and sneer "look at these poor northerners - they all think the same!".

I bet the journalist who wrote this has never been further north than Hampstead!

Probably true, a friend of ours was as ports writer, never attended a single game or match, getting all his infomation from other papers and put together a great sports column on the weekends.

Also makes you wonder which Sheffield cop has a nice desk job just reading the Reading the Sheffield Forum each day :)

Typical shoddy journalism from the Guardian - take one post from the millions on this forum and sneer "look at these poor northerners - they all think the same!".

Typical shoddy criticism, don't read the article and leap to conclusions about who wrote it and why.

and on towards the city centre, passing both ends of my road as it loops around the student area

Agree it is an dreadful article.

Typical shoddy criticism, don't read the article and leap to conclusions about who wrote it and why.

Good retort; well done.

Good retort; well done.

Are you stalking me?