Angelfire1 in the guardian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/olympic-torch-route-day-38-sheffield?newsfeed=true

So SF gets a mention with AF1 leading the chuntering. AS well as being the belly dancing capital of the UK we are the chuntering capital.

Do we have any other famous people here apart from angelfire1?

Bet he hated to say it was all about money rather than esteem through competing in sport.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/olympic-torch-route-day-38-sheffield?newsfeed=true

So SF gets a mention with AF1 leading the chuntering. AS well as being the belly dancing capital of the UK we are the chuntering capital.

Do we have any other famous people here apart from angelfire1?

Yes yes it's me - fame at last, please when contacting me I would prefer you surfs to call me Sir Angelfire1. Wonder if her Maj will send for me and use the old sword to make it official.

On a more serious note, how does the Guardian pick up on the Sheffield Forum?.

I did mean what I penned, the olympics are now about money, many of the competitors have lucrative sponsorship deals {as does our Jess I believe} others are paid handsome ammounts to "appear", money rules. As for that little pratt Coe, I'm damn sure he and his acolytes do not work for nowt, in fact to mention the W word is sure to send a shiver up Coe's back, as he must be a stranger to it.

Angel.

I'm sure that you meant serfs.

Yes yes it's me - fame at last, please when contacting me I would prefer you surfs to call me Sir Angelfire1. Wonder if her Maj will send for me and use the old sword to make it official.

I did mean what I penned, the olympics are now about money, many of the competitors have lucrative sponsorship deals {as does our Jess I believe} others are paid handsome ammounts to "appear", money rules. As for that little pratt Coe, I'm damn sure he and his acolytes do not work for nowt, in fact to mention the W word is sure to send a shiver up Coe's back, as he must be a stranger to it.

Angel.

i suppose wed be surprised who reads (and doesnt post on) the forum?

The woman wot writ the article for the Grauniad is Marina Lewycka. She is quite a famous successful author from Sheffield and wrote 2 Caravans, a Short History of Tractors in Ukranian. She is from Sheffield and was a lecturer at Sheffield Hallam till March this year.

Maybe she is a regular poster...who knows...?

I'm sure that you meant serfs.

Aye, thanks for that. I think my surf is to do with the sea?. Even Sir's get it wrong now and then.

Angel.:loopy:

The woman wot writ the article for the Grauniad is Marina Lewycka

pardon? sure your not ukranian??

The woman wot writ the article for the Grauniad is Marina Lewycka. She is quite a famous successful author from Sheffield and wrote 2 Caravans, a Short History of Tractors in Ukranian. She is from Sheffield and was a lecturer at Sheffield Hallam till March this year.

Maybe she is a regular poster...who knows...?

The article mentions in passing that the Torch is "passing both ends of my road"; so she's still here, it seems!