High Green Dumpit Site Closed

Go and find one that isn't closed, problem solved.

I would have but as I have permits for High Green only then it was not possible.

Blame the council and their buddies at Veoila for this . We should ALL get behind and support the dump workers who are striking.

supporting the strikes with a jeremy clarkson adavter:hihi:

supporting the strikes with a jeremy clarkson adavter:hihi:

Pay them a living wage

Been tiding out the shed and garden for the last 2 days, a good carload of junk all loaded up and off to the dumpit site, only to find out that it is closed indefinitely. I felt like dropping the lot off at the gate.:rant::rant::rant:

It's funny you should say that, but when me and the Mrs walked past it on Sunday she suggested it would serve them right if folks started dumping their rubbish outside.

Times maybe hard for those striking, but guess what, times are hard for most people these days. As a nation we've been living beyond our means, this is now payback time and folks need to downgrade their expectations whether it be wages, pensions etc.....The money isn't there anymore (if it ever was).

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the strikers......Welcome to my world.

Regards

Doom

are u sure i read it opens on alternate days

It's funny you should say that, but when me and the Mrs walked past it on Sunday she suggested it would serve them right if folks started dumping their rubbish outside.

Times maybe hard for those striking, but guess what, times are hard for most people these days. As a nation we've been living beyond our means, this is now payback time and folks need to downgrade their expectations whether it be wages, pensions etc.....The money isn't there anymore (if it ever was).

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the strikers......Welcome to my world.

Regards

Doom

well I give them my support 100% could u live on 22 hours a week on the min wage ? Don't think so up the strikes sova out.

well I give them my support 100% could u live on 22 hours a week on the min wage ? Don't think so up the strikes sova out.

I've had to make do with 18 hours or less on nmw at a previous employ with no option to strike for more. We've compromised in so many ways now and still need to do more to stay above water. I'm with the no sympathy vote i'm afraid.

I'm not on minimum wage, but in the last 7 years my wages have effectively halved and I've been taking unpaid leave due to lack of work. I guess there are many in the construction industry in the same position as me.

The simple fact is that the maths no longer work.

An ageing population claiming pensions = more money going out.

More unemployed people = more money going out.

Fewer working people = less money coming in.

Add to that massive interest payments on a debt that would make your eyes water and it's not a pretty financial picture.

I've cut my cloth accordingly due to my financial situation and the Government/Council have to do the same.

Costs need to be cut by a huge amount otherwise we'll end up like Greece (we may still do regardless of cuts). As harsh as it may sound, when costs need to be cut drastically that means people losing jobs, hours being reduced, pensions being cut, wages being cut. Striking and bitching about it won't help, that will just make a perilous situation worse.....If the money aint there it aint there.....I'm sure there are plenty of people out of work who would love the chance to do their job.

Regards

Doom