Help wanted for a short film

Hi everyone, I am in the process of making a short film over the summer and was wondering if anyone would care to help please. Actors, crew, any help you can contribute is more than welcome.

The idea is a brother and sister who have been seperated after some time bump into one another. While the sister does not wish to talk to him initially the protagonist Nick discovers she plays music at a local venue. Upon this discovery he tries speaking to her through songs instead by entering her world of music.

The script has been written and is going through a few updates to smooth it out a little so filming will not be until august at the minute but help planning and rehearsing with actors will be needed in time between.

This will be unpaid, sorry for those of you that require pay I just can't afford it at the moment. This is a film I am making because I am passionate about film making and since university I still wish to continue it. I am not nessesarily looking for proffessional help with this although it is more than welcome I welcome anyone who is interested and passionate.

At current the film will be shot with 2 cannon 550d cameras and using a marantz.

Actor wise there are four main roles, Two male, two female, aged between mid to late twenties.

So if you have some spare time, and are interested feel free to contact me and I'll send you a copy of script and some of songs.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from anyone interested. As said all help is welcome and much appreciated.

I have a 16 yr old who loves his films and is doing art at A LEVEL. HE IS LOOKING FOR SOME OPP TO HELP HIM EXPAND. LET ME KNOW IF HE CCAN OFFER ANYTHING.

computer playing up.sorry bout the cap letters!!

H ladyB, yes that sounds like you definately have skills that would be welcome. With your art skills could help me work on visual aestetic and set design. And anything you can bring to this is welcome. Also got another short that will be very in need of someone with art skills. Do you have skill drawing or is it like designing things that your course does out of intest please? Both skills are of a lot of use to me.

Am filming a 2 minute short in about two weeks, about two people who fall in love leaving notes for each other on a park bench but never speaking. But if i had someone who could draw well it would be better than notes if a picture was left. So scetching pictures to use for film would be nice touch.

Hey Liam T, read your post and would like to help with this. I have no experience in acting, although I'm actually getting to the stage where I'll be taking some classes soon. I am passionate about things I do, and this is something I'd take a lot of pride in and try my very best with. As I said, I have no experience of acting but I would try my best at it. If you find some people for the acting roles, I'd like to get involved behind the scenes or as an extra. Just let me know :-)

Thanks.

Hi JoshAvA, just read you reply to the post and welcome aboard. You sound exactly the kind of person I am looking for to help. If you have a email adress I can email you script to give you chance to revise so you can get some practise in. And will audition you in a couple of weeks. I am currently thinking 21st of July. Sometime in afternoon.

Regardless help behind the scene is always welcome if not.

Thank you for your interest in helping :-)

Anyone interested on 21st at 1pm will be meeting at Showroom cinema to discuss film.

Feel free to attend.

Just so you know what I look like here is my facebook profile

http://www.facebook.com/liam.v.timms

Thank you

Hi,

I am in a similar position to JoshAvA in that I dont really have any acting experience (other than school plays!) but I am always looking for new experiences and and always up for learning new skills.

I am a 25 year old female, long dark brown hair, hazel colour eyes, 5ft 6inches and a size 10/12, again the same as Josh though, if I dont fit for an acting role then I would love to help you out behind the scenes etc..

Hi, I'm a 17 year old student looking to get anything film related on my C.V. I'm currently doing Film Studies and am willing to do anything to help basically! Is there anything I might be able to help with?

Hi SimmoniteM, Yes am sure I can find use for your skills. Come down to meeting on 21st and can work out how best to use your skills.

also private message me your email adress and can send you script so you can see what you think. But more help the merrier right now. What kind of roles do you enjoy doing so far from film studies you've been doing?

Or what kind of roles would you be interested in trying.

Would be more than happy to help teach you any skills you need should you want to try something you have not done.

Anyway, thank you for the message and look forward to having you on the team.

ALSO BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR MESSAGES SO FAR. Thanks everyone :) Will be a pleasure working with you all

There is now draft 13 of the script now available that helps make the dialogue more colloquial and fixes some of the smaller errors. Anyone I sent draft 12 to please feel free to message me and I'll get you a copy asap.

Hi Liam,

Would you be in need of any props for the film?

I graduated from Bolton University last July in Special Effects Development with a First Class (Hons) so some local projects would not only set me up nicely with some experience, but also keep my hands and creativity busy whilst keeping the tax man happy in a mundane office job! :loopy:

The course itself enabled me to develop my skills in prop making as well as prosthetic make up.

If you would like to see some of my work then my website/portfolio is online at

http://jackmyers.co.uk

Also... just as a way of making things a bit easier for you to distribute drafts of the script. Would it be better to have a shared document on "Google Docs/Drive" with security permisions set to read only for anybody who views the file. That way whenever you have to make a change, the file is instantly updated to everyone involved. Im sure it would save you a hell of a lot of time redistibuting the file.

Jacko