Gutted The Casbah has closed

A good source tells me the SYPS will be using the club to train there sniffer dogs. Sevenstone development can't see that happening anytime soon :suspect:

Hope the toilets have been cleaned otherwise the RSPCA might get involved...

Absolutley gutted about this. Always enjoyed the music upstairs and never had any bother in there.

A good source tells me the SYPS will be using the club to train there sniffer dogs. Sevenstone development can't see that happening anytime soon :suspect:

The sniffer dogs actualy train in the closed Grosvenor hotel.

All propertes in that block and beyond have been compulsorily purchased in anticipation of the Sevenstones development starting.

Temporary leases are available until then so in theory it could be reopened but any investment in it would have to be limited.

It was a good venue in it's day, and I'm going back to the Wap days here too. But it was filthy and the toilets were disgusting. Shame though, another bit of Sheffield history disappearing.

Thanks nikki-red. What a shame. :(

It is. Place was a dump but I loved it :(

It's been closed down months, same as the Cutlers...

It is. Place was a dump but I loved it :(

Exactly my thoughts. Was even planning on going after the Kell Brook fight this Satruday. :(

You can say what you like, but if you didn't know it as The Wap back in the late 70's and early 80's then you really didn't know it at all. I was there then and all the way through until my last visit about 4 weeks ago and I was gob smacked at how it had gone down hill. If you don't use it, you lose it so all you people bemoaning the loss even though you rarely went should keep quiet.

Wasn't closed down 3 weeks ago when we were in there. Has it closed since then?