Gutted The Casbah has closed

Very rarely do i go out but was talked into it last night and as usual was looking forward to enjoying myself and letting my hair down and relaxing in The Casbah only to find it has been closed. Anyone know why? :confused:

maybe a lot of people who very rarely went out were instrumental in it closing

I seem to remember hearing a few years back that it had a compulsory sales order put on it as the block was going to be knocked down?

I think that was The Casbah anyway.

The Casbah does have a compulsary purchase order on it, as do all of the buildings on Cambridge Street.

It was actually shut by the baliffs, so draw your own conclusions...

Very rarely do i go out but was talked into it last night and as usual was looking forward to enjoying myself and letting my hair down and relaxing in The Casbah only to find it has been closed. Anyone know why? :confused:

The Casbah went down hill rapidly after 2005/6 ish .Shame because it use to be such a mosh pit of drunken happiness around that time..:(

Casbah....closed....couldn't have happened to a nicer place :hihi:

It could have done with a bit of revamping- there are people that enjoy classic rock and metal but Corporation is king in that department. Maybe they could have eased a bit of delta blues, soul, psych garage, fuzz, punk, grunge into the mix instead of concentrating on the moshy side of things.

And... it got flooded on 2 occasions that we've ended up there, and the toilets were disgusting!

Was brilliant when drunk, but too many old pervy men haha

Wow, that's sad. Downstairs certainly wasn't my scene but upstairs soemtimes had a good Indie/Alternative DJ on. Great memories. My friend Lee will be absolutely horrified by this though - he met his girlfriend there.

Well...... supirse suprise. I am sorry but this was bound to happen. People who chase money and get greedy never end up winning. Knowing Bob and Dawn personally I know they never had money as their first priority, it was always a good time with some good rock'n'roll. All I can say is what goes around comes around. Finally this legendary place has been put to rest before more embarrassment. It was turned into a **** hole and shame on everyone to blame! Good memories from 2005 for me and that's the way it will be.

only been once, saw the meteors there, was a shock going in there as i used to frequent the wapentake for years and going downstairs it was almost the same, brought back memories

The Casbah does have a compulsary purchase order on it, as do all of the buildings on Cambridge Street.

It was actually shut by the baliffs, so draw your own conclusions...

A good source tells me the SYPS will be using the club to train there sniffer dogs. Sevenstone development can't see that happening anytime soon :suspect: