Parking Meter at Graves park

Its ridiculous that you should have to pay to take ypur kids to the park!!

Took my dog a walk in Graves Park last Thursday.

Parked on the side street for free.

Just like I did in Millhouses Park.

Took my dog a walk in Graves Park last Thursday.

Parked on the side street for free.

Just like I did in Millhouses Park.

then the kids get run over walking from the car accross the roads , good old council with blood on there hands.

then the kids get run over walking from the car accross the roads , good old council with blood on there hands.

Yes, that 'defence' would work in court, wouldn't it?

Strangely, at both Graves and Millhouses Park, I managed to park without even needing to cross a road.

Quite easy; you should try it.

Its ridiculous that you should have to pay to take ypur kids to the park!!

What are you talking about?? you are not being charged for taking your kids to the park!!!

You are being charged for the privilege of parking your car in a conveinent car parking area inside the park grounds. If you park there that's YOUR CHOICE.

Dont like it - walk to the park? park your car somewhere else for free and walk? get a bus stopping close to the park and walk? Get someone to give you a lift and drop you off near the park and walk?

Nobody is forced to pay anything. :roll:

Edited by ECCOnoob

Graves Park was donated for public use by the Alderman JG Graves back in the early part of the 1900's?

Does anyone know how come the council are okay / permitted to charge people for the use of the car park near the Rare Breeds Centre?

I think it's a bit rich to be screwing us for every single penny but perhaps I am just being a grumpy old tw*t.

"the park was donate for public use"

It is for public use. You can walk on it at anytime you like without paying a penny. What the problem? Nobody is being charged for entry, nobody is being stopped at the gates and asked to pay any monies.

However, why do you think you have a right to bring your car and park in a nice convenient car parking area that the council have created (which did not exist when Alderman Graves did his thing) wihtout paying a car parking fee. As others have said they had no duty to provide a car park at all. You have no compulsion to bring your car at all. That's your choice.

I doubt the good Alderman would have said thout shall be permitted to bring thy automobile on ones parkland and leave it anywhere and anytime one fancies.

Yeah, I hear the hospitals have been inundated with run over kids since the implementation.

Yeah, I hear the hospitals have been inundated with run over kids since the implementation.

dont be smart :loopy: was only saying it will push people to park on the side roads thus crossing the main road into millhouses park doh!!!

Threads merged. Please use the search facility before starting new threads. Thanks.

dont be smart :loopy: was only saying it will push people to park on the side roads thus crossing the main road into millhouses park doh!!!

Where it is perfectly safe to cross the road.

Where it is perfectly safe to cross the road.

no roads are safe around here with kids around and the stupid speeding drivers.:mad:

"the park was donate for public use"

It is for public use. You can walk on it at anytime you like without paying a penny. What the problem? Nobody is being charged for entry, nobody is being stopped at the gates and asked to pay any monies.

However, why do you think you have a right to bring your car and park in a nice convenient car parking area that the council have created (which did not exist when Alderman Graves did his thing) wihtout paying a car parking fee. As others have said they had no duty to provide a car park at all. You have no compulsion to bring your car at all. That's your choice.

I doubt the good Alderman would have said thout shall be permitted to bring thy automobile on ones parkland and leave it anywhere and anytime one fancies.

I was going to write more or less the same thing. Nice one.

The thing that is obvious, and why the scheme is so objectionable, is that the council have spent 140K to implement it, and its a huge waste of money that will take years and years to recoup. With the side effect of discouraging visits to the parks, that we have already paid for from council tax.