Published a Book?

Don't get too ahead of yourself, would be my first advice, and don't pin all your hopes on getting commercially published. It is an incredibly tough market. Most publishers will require submissions via a literary agent these days so that would be the first hurdle, finding an agent. Your relationship is then with the agent. If you succeed then the first thing would be an advance (that can vary depending on how marketable a book is). After that payment is in royalties on books sold. If getting published is essential for you, you can always look to publish yourself. Don't pay anyone to publish for you: there are a lot of sharks out there, watch out! In commercial publishing money only flows one way: to the author. When indie-publishing there may be a small outlay (but there doesn't always need to be) which you should balance against realistic returns.

Thanks for that. Food for thought.

Please take a moment to check out this link to my new book. Started in Sheffield all those years ago, printed in Oz, what a blast it's been to write and to illustrate my memories of the city I loved and left. Already it has a great following amongst my expat mates over here, postage to UK takes approx. 8 days.

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/goldstar6/media/ulysses-ad_zpsopjzedxq.jpg.html

Please take a moment to check out this link to my new book. Started in Sheffield all those years ago, printed in Oz, what a blast it's been to write and to illustrate my memories of the city I loved and left. Already it has a great following amongst my expat mates over here, postage to UK takes approx. 8 days.

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/goldstar6/media/ulysses-ad_zpsopjzedxq.jpg.html

This book is so good and I wish him all the best with it. To see how the book idea came about (and my quest for reflected glory :hihi:), read more HERE

Hi all

270,000 words now, and decided to end the first volume there, at a convenient break point. (Stop laughing!) Lots of loose story ends to fasten up, for the follow-up volume. Channelling Charlotte Bronte in my fears that no one will ever want to read it, besides my good friends who are chomping at the bit to read the finished article.

It is a real Dickensian style treat. Even my genius husband has started to read it and says he can't wait for more chapters to be printed off. My printer is groaning under the strain. It has to be easier than this! Ready for a nervous breakdown. BUT I did have a vivid dream that I was sitting in my foreign villa plunge pool, in the blue mosaic tiled basement pool complex, built by the spoils of my celebrity, with my best friend, sipping on a virgin cocktail.

Well I always did have a good imagination! Don't watch this space for too long, or hold your breath.:hihi:

Edited by Jeddo